Re: [OPEN] [DO] Photo of experimental food changed

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@Sigzy05 New ones or those that had changed before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 44 (2,054 Views)

★ Guide

New ones, on a new save.

Message 32 of 44 (2,043 Views)

Hero
@Sigzy05 Leaving this open then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 44 (2,041 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I checked too. Same save from when I first encountered the problem, same old experimental photos. Still not fixed. It gives me the option to remove a frame also, when there isn't a frame. Only add frame option is the black one. So I'm still convinced this is a problem that came about because the frames were introduced.

Message 34 of 44 (2,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tested it today and took a new photo. The photo still changes when adding a frame.

ExperimentelleSpeise.png

Message 35 of 44 (1,979 Views)

★★ Guide

Just confirming that this is definitely still a thing. Hadn't tried this for a long time, but now I have two culinary arts students in the university, so of course they wanted some fitting decor and went out to eat. Bug is exactly the same as described before: the pictures look alright in inventory and when placed on the wall, but adding the frame turns them all into chocolate caviar picture. Removing the frame does not revert the picture to original.

My save is ancient, and I have sims info mod in, but since there's vanilla game bug reports of the same, I doubt any of that matters.

Message 36 of 44 (1,942 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is still happening, just noticed it a my game, placed the pics from the debug menu, they go on the wall fine but as soon as I add a frame they revert to the Vanilla sea shells image.

I do have MCCC and the clean UI mod installed, but have also tried with a vanilla game and the same thing happens. Patched to the latest Jan patch.

Message 37 of 44 (1,901 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Happening to me too, unmodded save. I am building a base on Sixam and wanted to put a photo of the Sixam Pit Beast dish in the kitchen area. When selecting it from the debug menu, it shows up with black frame until you place it down, then it unframes it. Adding the black frame (only one available) changes the photo to the one mentioned in the OP.

Message 38 of 44 (1,779 Views)

glitch with experimental food photos

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every one currently out for the console
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into cheat mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I put frames on the experimental food photos they all change to the same photo. I also cannot find the casters urns and tombstones.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see frames on the photos without changing what the photos look like. I also expect to see casters urns and tombstones in cheat mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Files are too large to add

Message 39 of 44 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is what I've noticed in my game:

I take the pictures at the restaurant, which turn out fine. They go up onto the wall just perfectly. The problem occurs when I add a frame. Regardless of what food it's a picture of, it changes to Vanilla Sea Shells & Chocolate, each and every time. That change is permanent. It will not return to the original picture once the frame is removed. It still stays as the changed picture of the Vanilla Sea Shells.

The only work around I've found, is that If I forget that I can't add a frame, I delete the picture, and go into Build/Buy mode to purchase the correct picture.

The only suggestion I have, is that until there's a fix, don't add frames.

Message 40 of 44 (1,667 Views)