Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Photo of experimental food changed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. No cc or mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim photograph their experimental food (for the Experimental Food Photos collection) then place the photos on a wall. I'm unsure if it affects photos taken after the recent update.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of showing the correct food image, they all show the same thing; the Vanilla Sea Shells and Chocolate Caviar Simstagram Print. The thumbnails, in the Sims inventory, is correct. And it shows the correct image as your placing them, but when you put them down, it changes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the correct image.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the latest update.

Just went in game, after the recent August patch update, and I noticed all of my food photographs (the collection from Dine Out) has changed, to one photo. Anyone else noticed this?

I have every pack installed and I don't use cc or mods.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 44 (5,349 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [DINE OUT] Experimental Dish Photo Bugging when adding frames

Hero

Experimenting with photo frames will no longer use the same picture of an Experimental Meal when displayed.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

I do not know if it fixes already affected photos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 44 of 44 (3,714 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] Photo of experimental food changed

Hero
@Tennear Could you test if it just affects old pictures ? Would be important info.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (5,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Tested Standard smile

I placed them straight from the debug menu, which worked fine. I also had my sim (the same sim that took the previous photos) photograph some experimental food, and that also worked fine. So I'm guessing it's only affecting old photos, taken before the patch update.

Edit: I clicked on the "glitched" photo and selected "Create a copy". The copy itself also shows the correct image. So the solution may be to do that to my entire collection, to get them back.

Message 3 of 44 (5,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same issue. Tried Tennear's method of creating a copy of the glitched photo; it did work and reverted to the original,  but when I try to add a frame to it, the photo reverts back to the glitched photo.

Message 4 of 44 (5,202 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just tried adding frames to my copies, and you're right, it reverts back to the Vanilla Sea Shells image.

(Also, just noticed, any frames I add, are always black, despite selecting different colours. But that's a whole other problem for another time lol)

Message 5 of 44 (5,190 Views)

Hero
@Tennear thanks for testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 44 (5,168 Views)

★ Pro

Just noticed the same issue on all my old experimental food photos also,

Message 7 of 44 (5,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I tried an old savegame from december 2016, where the active household made all experimental phostos themselves, hanging all on the walls without frames.

Only one Photos has changed to the Vanilla Sea Shell. It ist the iceberg lettuce embedded in glacier ice. Trying this again, hanging on the wall, every time ist looks like the Vanilla Sea Shell

One of the Sims still had 2 pictures of iceberg lettuce embedded in glacier ice in his inventory. When hanging these on a wall they look right. Can you understand that?

Message 8 of 44 (5,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I had already checked "me too" in this thread and also noticed that when trying to frame the pre-patch pics that a black frame is applied, regardless of choice selected, i.e. blue, yellow etc.. This morning I decided to frame new Experimental Food pics taken and when I did not only was black the only color that would appear on the frame but framing caused all the new food pics taken post-patch to immediately change to the Vanilla Sea Shells food image.

I also noticed that the option for "Change Orientation" that is indicated in the patch notes would be present on pictures is absent from the Experimental Food pics, although I'm not sure why one would want to change to landscape orientation on them Standard smile Dragging the food pics to a table would not turn them into a standing photo either. They can only be displayed on a wall, framed or unframed. I simply don't know if that is by design for the Experimental Food pics, or if that's a bug.

I exited without saving so my new food pics wouldn't have the wrong image. When I opened the game again, being sure to remove localthumbcache first, they were okay but as I checked each I noticed that the pre-patch picture that had changed to Vanilla Sea Shells was showing the option to remove frame even though visually it appeared to be unframed. Since that particular pic had been placed in a dining room, it is very likely I had framed it pre-patch but honestly can't recall for sure. I did select remove frame and that option then wasn't present when I clicked on it again, as is the case with the newly taken pics. It's like a frame was on that older pic but invisible.

Edited to Add:  Play on PC; English; Never Used mods or cc; fully patched; all content released to date installed.

Message 9 of 44 (5,080 Views)

★ Guide

I have this as well in my legacy house (so it's not a fresh save). Experimental Food photos from DO look as they did pre-patch, but when you try to frame them things are... wonky.

For starters, you can only have black frames regardless of what colour you selected (much like the Model T Ford), but on framing they change to a different food image - Vanilla Sea Shells and Chocolate Caviar... which this household have never had a photo of. If you then select to Remove Frame, the frame removes... but the image remains the vanilla choc fish dish.
[No mods, no cc, patched current, all packs]

Message 10 of 44 (5,050 Views)