Re: [OPEN] [DO] NPC Sims Not Eating in Restaurant

by Masheeda

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Wow, I didn't know this was an issue other people were having. I noticed it last night after taking my sims to restaurants several times. My experience is basically as described by others in the thread. I ask a sim out on a date, order drinks and meals for both sims, and they both finish their drinks but won't eat. The NPC sim doesn't touch their food at all. My sim will only eat until their beverage is finished and then stop eating as the food drops out of their queue. My sims' dates won't even sit at the table unless I make them (sit and chat here/sit together), but there's no way for me to force them to eat, so it's pretty obnoxious!

Message 21 of 43 (1,524 Views)

★ Guide

Looks like the new patch November didn't address this according to the list of bug fixes.

Message 22 of 43 (1,453 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No improval with the restaurant bugs. Sims stop eating and waiters place the dirty dishes everywhere except in the dish station.

Message 23 of 43 (1,436 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Does this happen also if you DON'T order anything to drink ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 43 (1,424 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am running into this issue as well. When I eat a restaurant with a NPC, we will both start eating and drinking at the same time. Once the drink is complete, it immediately completes the food circle, even if there is food there. Since I control my sim, I make them finish their food and the NPC food is wasted. 

Message 25 of 43 (1,405 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict, if the sims order only one item, they complete the item with no issue. It is only when a drink and a meal is ordered they run into the issue of not being able to complete both. I have not experienced my wait staff leaving dishes around. 

Message 26 of 43 (1,402 Views)

Hero
@Masheeda Yeah, that makes me think we got now 3 threads on the same issue.

Did you ever try if it also happens at home when SIms have drinks ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 43 (1,393 Views)

Sims dates still not eating their dinners

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 158.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansions. Dine out, Strangeville, Realm of Magic, Get to Work, Get together, Jungle Adventure, Bowling night, Glamour, spa day, movie hangout, outdoor retreat, luxury party stuff, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? take a sim out on a date and order food.
What happens when the bug occurs? Have been experiencing this for some time. Knowing new university pack coming out, took out all my mods and issue is still happening. Sims dates drink but do not eat their meals.
What do you expect to see? Expect sims to eat their dinners at restaurants
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When they patched trying to fix sims stealing food after Island Living

This began happening after one of the updates, not one of the packs.  When they tried to fix the Island living bug when sims were stealing other's food, the  dates not eating their dinners began happening instead.

Message 28 of 43 (1,388 Views)

Re: Sims dates still not eating their dinners

Hero
@jessallie Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 43 (1,367 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem, too..  My NPC sims won't eat at restaurants at all.  They just sit there.  It's crazy.  I wonder if this will be fixed?  This is very annoying.  Also, eating out was one of the most exciting things that my Sims get to do in their dull lives.  It's a pity that it doesn't work anymore.  I have some totally cool restaurants, too, that are now just useless.  Frown  HELP!!!

Message 30 of 43 (1,322 Views)