[FIXED] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

by Quezare

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue as the OP. In Sulani my waiter and host don't show up, and the chef that comes is not the one that I hired. Even as a restaurant patron, the host either isn't there or it takes 4-5 sim hours to be seated in an otherwise empty restaurant. But specifically the staff that I've hired for the restaurant I own does not show up. I have a "vanilla" game, no mods or anything, and have all expansions and game packs except for Jungle Adventure. 

Message 31 of 55 (1,139 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

★ Novice

I recently built a restaurant in Sulani, I didn't use any cc in the restaurant and I have very few mods in my game just some hair, and Kijiko's eyelashes, and MC Command Center that's all. When I opened my restaurant another chef arrived that I didn't hire and none of the other staff showed up so I tried closing and opening several times. I even took out my mods and it still didn't work. I sold the restaurant and went there with my sim and it was functioning fine except when my sim was eating another sim stole my sim's food >.<!

I've had alot of problems in the past , well to be exact ever since I got the restaurant pack. I've always had problems so I rarely used it ,but I figured that the kinks would have been worked out by now, but I was mistaken I'm very disappointed since I spent money on something I can't take full advantage of.

Message 32 of 55 (1,102 Views)

Employees not showing up

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except "My First Pet Stuff"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel Sim to owned restaurant lot and open business.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some if not all employees will not show up to work. Guests stand around host station or if host is there will be seated but never receive food and leave. Whenever the restaurant business is opened the chefs usually always show up but the waiters and hosts will not. I've fast forwarded time for up to 9 hours and they never show up. I've tried exiting and reloading and even building a new restaurant lot but it happens at each one. This results in no profits from business and no ratings from customers rendering the entire restaurant owning experience useless.
What do you expect to see? All staff arriving at opening time and performing duties and leaving when business closes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Island Living initial patch seems to have caused it as before it always worked.

This bug completely makes the restaurant owning aspect useless.

Message 33 of 55 (1,139 Views)

Re: Employees not showing up

Hero
@GhostiesBTFO Is your restaurant in Sulani ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 55 (1,125 Views)

★ Novice

Yes

Message 35 of 55 (1,108 Views)

Hero
@GhostiesBTFO Merging your post with exiting bug report then.

Try the workaround listed in the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 55 (1,087 Views)

Re: HOST/HOSTESS Won't SHOW UP FOR WORK!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@MrsPanda52 I have this same problem! It's so frustrating because I love the restaurant I built. I decided I'm going to just move my restaurant to another world and run it there. Running them in Sulani is the issue. They seem to work fine in other worlds because you don't need Sulani-based sims to work at them.

[CM Edit - posts merged]

@crinrict I also found that moving the restaurant out of Sulani will work. Sucks because I love the look of Sulani and wanted my restaurant on the beach. I've already made 3 restaurants because I thought it was my actual restaurant that was the problem - but nope.

Message 37 of 55 (1,058 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I haven't tried to open a restaurant in Sulani, but since installing Island Living, my restaurants in other worlds (San Mishuno) have been bugged (e.g. incomplete with missing staff) ... is anyone having problems with restaurants in other worlds since the patch/Island Living expansion pack?

Message 38 of 55 (1,032 Views)

★ Novice

This the main problem I'm having. I first noticed it in Sulani because I built and new restaurant there then went back to my others and noticed the same thing.

Message 39 of 55 (1,020 Views)

Sims not showing up to work in restaurant

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a restaurant
What happens when the bug occurs? No employees show up to work except the chef and it's never the chef I hired
What do you expect to see? The employees I hired to show up to work when the restaurant opens
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Opened a restaurant twice in the world Sulani and non of the employees show up when it opens.

Message 40 of 55 (1,019 Views)