Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

by s_stutler

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I played my game last night, after updating my game. NO restaurants are working for me in Sulani. I don't own any of them. I am simply visiting. A restaurant i build myself, doesn't work. And none of the restaurants that I downloaded from the gallery work either. 

I have taken some of those same restaurants and placed them in other towns, and they work fine. They DO NOT work in Sulani. 

I have the newest patch. 

Message 51 of 55 (715 Views)

Hero
@s_stutler How do they not work ? Still the employee issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 55 (707 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Its not an employee issue for me. I have placed 3 restaurants on my own in Sulani. One I made from the ground up. Whenever I visit any of those, none of them work. Meaning, staff do no spawn, I cannot click on the host station to be seated. Prior to this patch, I saw restaurant workers spawning, but they were unable to seat anyone. People would show up and line up, but they would never be seated. The chef would be in the kitchen, but with no orders, nothing ever left the kitchen.

With the new patch, simply, no one is spawning. No employees at least. I still have customers coming to dine, but restaurant staff is absent. Those same lots work in other towns, just not Sulani..

I do have mods though, so I will troubleshoot with those. I didn't even know it was a bug, until I saw this thread, I thought it was just 'bugged lots" .. since they were all from the Gallery or made by me. I figured I just did something wrong. I've slowly been removing any custom content on the lot I built to try and identify, but even with all base game or game content, its still not working..

If no one else is reporting it though, its probably a mod I have installed. I'm going to remove my script mods folder, and see if it makes a difference. I don't believe that I have any script mods that change restaurant behavior, but then again, any script mod can make the game unstable.

I'll report back! Thanks for your inquiryStandard smile
Message 53 of 55 (684 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok. So I went and tested it out. It seems I did have one mod hiding in a sub-folder that i missed! D: .. it was the "Hire Anyone Restaurant Mod" (I could have sworn I took that one out..) .. but yeah, it seems once removing the mod, that the restaurants are pretty much back to normal.

Aside from one thing, and I noticed this before, but didn't figure it was a bug, since no one reported it. But. My sims cannot pay for their meals. D: (I mean i'm not complaining. LOL) - but there is no option to pay when you click on the tables. If it hasn't been reported yet, its probably nothing, but figure i'll mention it just in case. There is also no popup telling you that you didn't pay, so they took it out of your account.

I've seen the functionality return to the rest of the restaurants, EXCEPT the one took me 18+ hours to make! (Of course!) -sigh-

Feel free to update the thread now, i'm pretty sure the issue was fixed, and the issue I was having was due to that modStandard smile

Sorry 'bout that. I really thought i had gotten them all out. Frown
Message 54 of 55 (680 Views)

Hero
@s_stutler Good you solved this.

This thread is entirely about the employee issue in Sulani,

If you have other valid issues, please check the compiled list in the Dine out section if it was reported and if not, create a new thread,

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 55 (662 Views)