Re: Dine Out - Employees Won't Show Up to Restaurant

by LeOmbreNoir

Original Post

HOST/HOSTESS Won't SHOW UP FOR WORK!

★★ Novice

I was so excited to open a restaurant in Sulani but they don't work at all. Any hired host/hostess just won't show up for work and therefor no one can sit down and get food. I hate that as the restaurant owner I can't perform any other action besides saying hello to the customers. I've tried everything I can think of. All of my mods/CAS are disabled. If you invite the host/hostess to the restaurant after you click "open" they say they will be right there but they never come. I've tried inviting them to the restaurant lot before I click "Open" but they never change into their uniform and never get to work. I had to ask them their career because it wasn't automatically set. It's like they aren't really hired. I've reset them, and they still do nothing. This is so frustrating and I'm at a complete stand still with my game. I spent days building this and I can't even get it to work. Any other tips I can try or is anyone else having this issue?

Message 11 of 55 (2,533 Views)

Dine Out - Employees Won't Show Up to Restaurant

★★★★★ Novice

Help!

My sim owns a restaurant (which contains no CC) and employees won't show up for work when I open. Or a chef shows up that I didn't hire and do not know, starts fiddling around in the kitchen, but never serves up food. When I click on him to fire he ignores me and keeps cooking.

I have tried:

1. Firing and rehiring
  2. Closing and reopening
  3. Restarting my PC
  4. Repairing the Game
  5. Removing my Mods/CC
  6. Selling and repurchasing the spot
  7. Deleting the retaurant and rebuilding

And no luck at all Frown 

I have all expansions, stuff, and game packs installed (even free things like Holiday) and didn't have this issue before, albeit it has been a while since I have had a sim own a place. The sim owning the restaurant is a teen (long story...) and it is placed in Sulani, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. 

Please help me. 

Message 12 of 55 (2,496 Views)

Hero
@LeOmbreNoir Merged your post with existing thread.

Sulani is the problem. You must try to pick all restaurant employees from Sulani (check the name for a hint)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 55 (2,481 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I am so glad it was that instead of some kind of glitch. 

Message 14 of 55 (2,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrict Aaaaahhhhh... good to know! :eahigh_file: Is there a way to know that they are from Sulani  when you see them in the employee list or do you need to hunt the employee pool down in households and see if they have a certain trait or something?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 15 of 55 (2,471 Views)

Hero
@SheriGR Basically the name. I'm working on a blog post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 55 (2,443 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Glad you asked that because I am having a hard time telling who is from the island and who isn't. Once you finish the post, please link here. Looking forward to it. Thanks for doing it!

Message 17 of 55 (2,436 Views)

★ Pro

I've been working on getting a restaurant going in Sulani. As Crinrict noted the employees need to be local. 

I've also found that it works best if you pick a lot where Sims spawn near the lot. If your employees spawn too far away from the lot they seem to get a bit stuck. When I sent my Sim home her Host was idling at the exit point. This happens occasionally in Windenburg as well. It usually helps to open the restaurant for an hour or so before taking your Sim there. Not always good for the "ratings," but usually helps with the employees being there.

LittleMsSam had a hiring mod, but I'm not sure if it's been updated for IL or if it would help with hiring local.

Message 18 of 55 (2,429 Views)

Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Here's my blog post with a workaround: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/06/restaurant-employees-do-not-appear-in-sulani/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 55 (3,725 Views)

Re: Dine Out Host Wont Show Up to Work

★★ Novice

I also built and opened a restaurant in the town for island paradise and my host won’t show up either. I’ve tried firing and rehiring different sims, I’ve also tried inviting them to lot before I open the restaurant and they still won’t come. Hope EA can fix this. Very frustrated. 

Message 20 of 55 (2,378 Views)