Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All downloadable packs except for My First Pet Stuff and Bowling Night Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a restaurant in Sulani and open the restaurant (I used the 40x40 empty lot in the top right of the map).
What happens when the bug occurs? When owning a restaurant specifically in Sulani, hired staff do not show up at the restaurant when it is opened, a random sim appears as a chef (not the sim that I hired) but that is all. Diners do appear but do nothing (as there is no host).
What do you expect to see? The staff that I have hired turn up and fulfill their jobs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living.

Only mods: MC Command Centre, FitnessControl, Simulation Lag Fix, and new map art.

Message 2 of 55 (6,716 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

Hero

Restaurants now work in Sulani.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 50 of 55 (5,694 Views)

All Replies

Staff not arriving for restaurant work (Island Living)

★ Apprentice

Hi, I have recently opened a restaurant in the new island from Island Living however it isn't able to run. 

I have hired staff, but:

The chef arrives, but is a different sim than the one I hired.

The host does not show up at all. I have tried firing and hiring new sims but with no success.

The waiter did not arrive, so I hired a new one. This made the new one arrive, but she immediately left.

I really want to run my tiki bar restaurant, is there an workaround to this?

I am playing on PC, current version 1.52.100.1020. I own all expansions/packs and have never used CC or mods.

Message 1 of 55 (6,667 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [DO] [IL] Restaurants do not function in Sulani

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Quezare I'm moving this to the bug forum as it sounds like an issue that could be connected to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Out-of-world-invited-NPCs-leave-lot-in-Sulani-d...

Could you please test with no mods anyways, to be sure.

Thanks.

@AscendioAces   Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 55 (6,639 Views)

Champion

@Quezare

Unfortunately, the large patch/update this week brought in many changes. These types of changes effect many aspects of the game. Mods and CC involve code that can sometimes clash with the updated game code, and even cause damage, if not properly updated to match the new changes in the game's codes. Even after you remove the Mods/CC, sometimes damage can linger in the game code that can be addressed by removing cache and repairing. I would recommend that you do the following in this order:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If It fixes the situation I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 55 (6,582 Views)

★★ Novice

After doing the things you've outlined the problem has slightly improved yet the restaurant still is not operational. I created a new game after removing mods and repairing the game and opened a restaurant on the same lot. Now, the correct chef and waiter appears but there's no sign of the host. Firing and rehiring does not fix this, nor does the position of the host station.

Message 5 of 55 (6,557 Views)

Champion

@Quezare I'm not sure that this is the issue, but I have restaurants that I have played over the last year and a half, and I have always had a few issues in my game. I will include a few things I do that have helped in the past:

• The host occasionally does not show up. If this happens try:
    1. ...Exit the game without saving and re-enter the game and try opening again and see if they show up this time.
    2. ...Close the restaurant, go home, and try opening again and see if they show up this time.
    3. ...Close the restaurant (staying on the lot) and re-open and see if they show up this time. 
  • Same thing occasionally happens with one of the chefs, or both, or they just stand outside. In this case try the same things as above, or just run the restaurant if one of the chefs is in the kitchen.
  • Last I knew the waiters were buggy. One or more may not show up, one or more may leave, and on a regular basis one will leave for a run and return. If you have your owner stop the waiter and say something to them before they leave the lot they reset and go back inside.

Bottom line... You can run the restaurant with one chef and one waiter and you have to have a host. If the host does not show up, nothing will run. If the chefs or waiters bug out in some way, as long as one of them is okay, you can manage. It sounds worse than it is, and once things are underway well if you hire one more waiter than you need you should be okay. You will just have an occasional day where someone is buggy. As I said, though, it may be better recently, as I have not played my restaurants for a while. I only mention these as things to try if you have issues.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 55 (6,534 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue as the OP and have never used mods or CC in my game, so I'm sure there must be more to it Frown

Message 7 of 55 (6,475 Views)

★★ Guide

Having the same issue.  No mods. Staff stays outside and my sim cant enter restaurant.  In my case I placed on a lot that was part water.

Message 8 of 55 (6,469 Views)

Hero
I'm adding this as needs info.

If you have this issue (on a vanilla game), please post the lot/world this is happening on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 55 (6,462 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Since the restaurant was not working properly, I tried in vanilla. (deleted localthumbcache as well).

In a completely new save, I placed a restaurant at a 20*30 lot (sorry I cannot remember the exact name) next to a beach in Sulani. 

In vanilla, now all staffs are coming but the chef was different from a sim I hired as a chef. Also, I hired the second waiter yet she was not showing up.

Message 10 of 55 (6,408 Views)