Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Food placed by customers in Restaurants

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Romantic Garden Stuff, Holiday, Grim Ghoulish
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a restaurant (any) and go dine out there (or work there if you own a restaurant), after a while you will notice something strange
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple hamburgers are placed by a random sim.
What do you expect to see? Expect to not see other people (or my own, cant confirm this yet)'s food on the table when you go out to dine at a restaurant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the recent patch; which had the issue with other customers eating other people's meals at a Restaurant.

So after a while, I cannot remember if it happens to your own sim as well, but I noticed some Sims will put their own food on the table, particularly hamburgers. It's not just a single hamburger but also multiple hamburgers on the table, enough to fill the table as well as other table (other customer's).

As the screenshot shown, the customer (guy with a mustache) placed several hamburgers on his own table as well as other people's. I have checked the burger's status it is owned by him.

I have also experienced certain cases where the food are rotten (green scent coming out) while the time i own a restaurant and was working there.

This also forced the Dine Out experience to be very displeasing (to me personally) and when owning a restaurant the waiting staff (and the owner) takes forever to clear out every dishes and after a while more are spawned again. The burger might not be hamburger (but vegetarian variation i cannot remember as i type this but i can sure i can replicate this problem again if i go out to dine again)

Message 1 of 18 (2,418 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims keep pulling spoiled food out of their inventory

Hero

Random NPCs will not leave Hamburgers on tables at restaurants anymore. As much as we like to receive free food, we don’t think it is proper to get them randomly from a stranger.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (1,984 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] Food placed by customers in Restaurants

Hero
@tonyojimbo Wonder if that has anything to do with the grill stuff in inventory bug.

Do you play rotationally ? Are these Sims you ever played ? Have you ever seen food that wasn't grilling stuff ?

Also what kinds of mods/cc have you been using that you removed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (2,389 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've attached a screenshot of the mods and cc I used / disabled at the time, they were not active when I was at the restaurant. It appears that the food are food from the grill, and typically vegetarian safe dishes like tofu dog, or burger...

But while i was testing this again, I also come across tables where they are not cleaned by the waiting staff at all; picture attached second.

it took me awhile to test the grilling food bug(?) so it seems that it doesnt happen as often and it was only that one time it happened twice in a row when I was working at a restaurant and then went to a restaurant to dine out.

Message 3 of 18 (2,360 Views)

Hero
@tonyojimbo Yeah, don't think those affect anything.

Let's see if others have this issue too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (2,353 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes. I believe this is related to the grilled food bug. All of the spoiled foods - whether in a community lot or residential, Sims will begin to drop them off individually. Filling up every single surface possible and causing the "uncomfortable" moodlet to nearby Sims.
Message 5 of 18 (2,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@hestiah23@crinrict  oh feels bad that one bug is affecting every other thing.

Message 6 of 18 (2,309 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had a party and one of the guests kept pulling out spoiled food and leaving it all over the house.  I didn't keep track, but I think he eventually left all 8 servings (or at least close to it.)

Message 7 of 18 (2,224 Views)

Restaurant: Customers leaving hot dogs and hamburgers everywhere!

★★★ Newbie

One of my sims operates an upscale restaurant, but frequently (nearly every time the restaurant is open) a customer will stand up from their table and start pulling hot dogs or hamburgers from their inventory and start placing them all over the floor. Occasionally, one of my servers will start doing it. Sometimes it's just 1 or 2, but a few times someone's stood up and placed 8 hot dogs on the floor. They either go bad, or are sometimes already spoiled when placed on the floor. My restaurant also doesn't sell hot dogs or hamburgers, so I don't know how this keeps happening. They can't be picked up in build mode, nor can my sim clean up more than one at a time, so it takes a stupidly long time to clean them up, and if I don't they go bad and customers leave a lower star rating because of the dirty surroundings. Help, please! Has anyone else encountered this? I've searched several different ways and haven't found anyone else that's posted about this issue.

Message 8 of 18 (2,210 Views)

Re: Restaurant: Customers leaving hot dogs and hamburgers everywhere!

Champion

@CAR55TAR5, do you happen to use any Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering  If you do, then your problem could be related to an outdated Mod or piece  of CC since EA just updated the game on Friday with a patch.  

Please do the following:

1) Move your mods folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

3) Fix your game in Origin by logging into Origin and to your Library.  Then Right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the option to "Repair Game".  Wait for Origin to repair all of your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you start your game again, it will create a new, empty mods folder.  Check your game to see if your problem is now fixed.

5)  If it is, then to find which Mods or CC item is the culprit, you will have to go and add one by one each Mod/CC item  and check each time to see if the game works.  (If you have a lot of CC/Mods, you might want to do the 50/50 Method.) 

6). When you find which Mod(s) or CC item(s) are causing problems then you need to go back to whoever created the Mods/CC and see if they have an updated version that works with the new update that EA released.  If they do then you need to use that version instead of the old broken one. Wink

You might need to do this each time EA releases a patch.Raised eyebrow Mods/CC require a lot of upkeep. Disappointed

Please update us with how this works out for you.Standard smile If you don't use Mods/CC then please tell us so we can try to figure out what else might be causing your problem. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 18 (2,202 Views)

Re: Restaurant: Customers leaving hot dogs and hamburgers everywhere!

Hero
@CAR55TAR5 THis is a known bug.

I merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (2,183 Views)