[FIXED] [DO] Changing employee uniform resets progress

by SparklyNary

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Outfit doesn't save

★ Apprentice

I just experienced this issue too, I finished building my entire restaurant and went to edit the outfits and the entire thing was reset to when I last saved. lost a bunch of money and all of my furnishings. this bug is infuriating.

Message 31 of 60 (2,013 Views)

Restaurant Resetting

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, get to work, cats and dogs, seasons, city living, dine out, my first pet stuff, bowling night stuff, and Romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I built the restaurant and finished the design, hired employees, and changed the female chef. Once I came out of CAS everything was reset. the entire lot was reset, money returned, employees and menu gone, with only the lot details remaining.
What happens when the bug occurs? The entire lot resets
What do you expect to see? I expect all my work to still be there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I do have mods enabled, but none of the mods were presently being used when the problem occured. It's only happened once, but I'm reluctant to spend all that time again just for it to get erased. Anyone know anything about this?

Message 32 of 60 (1,943 Views)

Re: Restaurant Resetting

Hero
@debryonward I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 60 (1,919 Views)

Dine Out - Customizing employee clothing

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Gats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Stranger Ville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dine Out, Owned restaurant, Restaurant Settings, Employee Settings, Clothing
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to change the employee clothing(Chef/Host/Wait Staff), enter Create a Sim, pick new clothing and click accept. Then the day is reset to the time time I arrived at the venue (any progress since is lost) and the clothing disappears.
What do you expect to see? After clicking accept the clothing I picked out should be available to choose in the list and the day should continue from where I was.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue was discussed with support #53525567 and they said they reported it and also asked me to post it on the forum.

This worked for a while after I bought the add-on but at some time it stopped working anymore. I can't say exactly when. I have ignored it for most of this year (maybe longer, can't say) in the hope it would be fixed anyway. It wasn't so far.

Message 34 of 60 (1,836 Views)

Re: Dine Out - Customizing employee clothing

[ Edited ]
Hero

@helloshhh I merged your post with existing bug report on this. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 60 (1,827 Views)

Re: Dine Out - Customizing employee clothing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Glad I learned to save before editing any outfits! I've lost progress from it before >.>

Having the same thing where I edit the outfits and all progress is lost, thankfully only thing I did since last save was set the menu. 

I'm on PC as well so sounds like its happening both console and PC?

Especially sad about it because I was about to make a super fancy place and dress everyone really formal D:

Message 36 of 60 (1,746 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Changing employee uniform resets progress

I can't change my employee's outfits at all. When I try it resets the whole restaurant settings and it doesn't save my clothing option.

Message 37 of 60 (1,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. And though I have mods installed, I suspect that it's not the mods that are causing the problem, given the previous comments.

Any attempt to change the restaurant staff outfits results in a reset back to the last save point. Frown 

Message 38 of 60 (1,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the same issue. No mods here. I even got rid of tray folder. No results.

Can't believe this  glitch is going FOR YEARS NOW. 

Message 39 of 60 (1,538 Views)

Customizing Dine Out employee uniform resetting/not working

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All installed except for the newest stuff pack, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In world edit mode, go to a restaurant lot and click on the option wheels (where you can edit the menu, employee outfits, and customer attire). On any of the three employee types (both genders), click on edit outfit and create a new, 4th outfit. Create a new employee outfit and press the check mark to save. (Also, keep in mind this is not in Live Mode, a brand new restaurant or an older restaurant too, no playable sims own the restaurant in my case). The outfit pictured as the new saved outfit is one of the original three. Open the same menu where you made the new outfit, and click on the new employee one (4th slot). Do this for all employees and genders. Save the Lot to Gallery (or not) and exit the lot. Save the game. Go back into the same restaurant lot to check if the outfits stayed the same. They did not and are either in the 4th option box or missing altogether as if nothing were changed. In my case, I haven't had any menus reset yet. And I do not know about lost progress because this is from World Edit mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? View above answer for details. Short answer: Custom restaurant employee outfits will not save (with either non-cc or cc clothing items chosen). Employee outfits are reset and will not keep.
What do you expect to see? I expect the custom employee outfits to stay as chosen and made by myself without issue. Currently, it is impossible to have any new employee outfits of my own creation in the game. It can only be the base 3 provided.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

I've been digging around in the bug report forums for this issue as it was becoming very annoying to lose the employee outfits I was trying to customize. (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Changing-employee-uniform-resets-progress/td-p/7865228...)

I noticed this has been a widespread bug for many users with and without CC. I've tested with both and still have the issue. This is also an almost brand new save, I've not played in live mode. I've only been editing each map with new buildings and moving out Sims to make my own base game world. My PC is also high end so that is not an issue.

I am disappointed that this bug has been around for a while and there has been no fix as of yet. A major perk of playing the Sims is to be able to customize your world and I feel like I can not progress in my new game because I am picky about customization. I hope it can be solved soon. Please help! Disappointed

Message 40 of 60 (1,515 Views)