Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DHD] Won't allow Sim to build 'basement level addition'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs All game packs except for Batuu All stuff packs minus Luxury Party, Romantic, Backyard, Toddler, and My First Pet All kits minus Throwback fits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the Interior Design career. Select a job that requires 'Basement-level addition.' Travel to the gig lot, and enter build mode (after the necessary steps of speaking with the client, taking photos, and sending the client away).
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim is an interior designer. They chose a gig titled "Basement Gym Level Addition." I traveled to the lot (fwiw, Bedlington Boathouse). When it was time to enter build mode and begin the renovation, I did so--but Build Mode was restricted such that it would not allow me to add a basement level (there was no existing basement), nor would it allow me to change the first or second floor of the home -- effectively, I can do nothing in build mode. I will have to quit the gig since I cannot make any renovations.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to build a basement level.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Essentially, my Sim is not allowed to complete the requested task in this gig because the Build Mode restrictions won't allow any editing on any level.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 14 (6,924 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [LL] [DHD] Won't allow Sim to build 'basement level addition'

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Fixed in Patch 1.89.214/1.60

• Decorator Sims who attempt to do a Basement Gym Level Addition gig are now able to add basements. Sim afraid of working out underground will not be pleased with this update.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,979 Views)

All Replies

Re: [DHD] Won't allow Sim to build 'basement level addition'

★★★★ Expert
@OttoTheSImmer All gigs that want to "ADD" anything, room, level, they're all broken.

Until they fix it, just skip ANY gig that wants an "addition".
Message 2 of 14 (6,833 Views)

★★ Novice

Good to know, I had to quit a gig because the client, who lives in an apartment, wanted a gym addition.  

Message 3 of 14 (6,798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All of my room addition and level addition gigs are broken Frown

Message 4 of 14 (6,766 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mine too. Build restrictions won't allow me to build outside of the existing house so I can't add anything!

Message 5 of 14 (6,720 Views)

★ Apprentice
@OttoTheSImmer I'm having issues with additions as well! It worked fine yesterday, with mods, but no additions seem to be working today, even after removing mods
Message 6 of 14 (6,632 Views)

★ Guide

I was able to work around this issue by entering the lot through manage worlds, placing a basement in build mode and then resuming gameplay with my interior decorator. This way, the basement is in place for you to renovate. I have done the same thing with other gigs requiring additions, such as add a level.

Message 7 of 14 (6,552 Views)

★ Novice

I did this and it worked

Message 8 of 14 (6,195 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I put on bb.enablefreebuild and it let me add.

Message 9 of 14 (6,161 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I put it in bb.enablefreebuild and was able to build an addition to the house. But then you can't get out of freebuild and everything is free, but at least you can complete the job and get paid for it, you don't have to lose reputation or anything. I just kept a running estimate of my spending to keep it in/around budget, that's how I get around it.

Message 10 of 14 (6,138 Views)