Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DHD] Dress leaves discoloration on certain shoes/boots

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a Sim in CAS the dress and check the boots.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of the have discolorations (see pics below)
What do you expect to see? No discoloration
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Install Pack

Only some boots seem affected but I didn't test them all. It looks like it's all low boots. Haven't tested other shoes.

Bild_2021-06-01_204336.png

Bild_2021-06-01_204443.png

Bild_2021-06-01_204533.png

Bild_2021-06-01_204726.png

Bild_2021-06-01_204853.png

Bild_2021-06-01_205003.png

Bild_2021-06-01_205052.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 8 (3,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cottage Living Shoe Glitch in CAS

Hero

Dress yfBody_GP10DressSuspender_SquareNavy no longer causes discoloration on certain shoes.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,603 Views)

All Replies

Re: [DHD] Dress leaves discoloration on certain boots

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have tested this more. It is on almost all shoes (any with differently texture soles) and sometimes covers one entire shoe. the only pair I could find that were unaffected were the simplest base game flats.
Message 2 of 8 (3,361 Views)

Re: [DHD] Dress leaves discoloration on certain boots

Hero
@hexed07 Thanks for testing. I didn't really see anything on the tall boots but maybe it's more subtle

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (3,349 Views)

Dreamhomedecorator dress bug with shoes

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except journey to batuu and the oasis-kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You need to wear the dress in the picture from dream home decorator and the shoes from get together (some other shoes are also affected but I haven't checked all)
What happens when the bug occurs? The right one of the shoes gets a weird color overlay and the color is not displayed the way it should be.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the right color display
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the new dreamhomedecorator pack

In picture one you can see how the shoe is supposed to look but as soon as you put on the dress in the picture it starts to bug Frown I'm also not sure if this is the only dress this happens as I didn't have much time to do further testing but those aren't the only shoes affected. 

Message 4 of 8 (3,330 Views)

Dream Home Decorator Dress Turns Shoes White

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs; City Living; Discover University; Eco Lifestyle; Get Famous; Get to Work; Get Together; Island Living; Seasons; Snowy Escape; Dine Out; Dream Home Decorator; Jungle Adventure; Outdoor Retreat; Parenthood; Spa Day; Backyard; Bowling Night; Cool Kitchen; Fitness; Kids Room; Laundry Day; Luxury Party; Moschino; Movie Hangout; Nifty Knitting; Paranormal; Perfect Patio; Romantic Garden; Tiny Living; Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wear the "overall dress" in the attached photos (sorry, I'm not sure how to find the name) from the Dream Home Decorator pack and pair it with almost any shoe.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most shoes, when paired with this particular dress, have white splotches or details that are not part of the normal coloring of the item. This occurs with every color option of the dress and every color option of the shoe.
What do you expect to see? Regularly colored shoes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 5 of 8 (3,274 Views)

Cottage Living Shoe Glitch in CAS

★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try on the different Cottage Living shoes in CAS along with the, like, jumper dress from Dream Decorator.
What happens when the bug occurs? The heels/soles of the shoes that are on the sim are white instead of the color/design they're supposed to be. For some it's a small amount, for others (like the wedges), it's very noticeable.
What do you expect to see? The colors and patterns in the icon of the shoe when the shoe is on their feet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the 7/20/21 Patch, Cottage Living, Dream Decorator, and Paranormal.

When in CAS, when I put shoes on the sim while wearing a specific outfit, specifically the ones from Cottage Living, the coloring is off. It seems correct in the icons, but when on the sim, certain places are just plain white with no design or coloring, even though the icon says there should be coloring. This happened with all Cottage Living shoes except the tall rain boots. The wedges it affected more than just the heel, with only the tie up strap having any color. 

So far, it's only happening with one specific Dream Decorator outfit. I haven't tested it with all clothes, but the other Dream Decorator full outfits isn't causing this issue, nor are other clothes I've used or tried. But, at the very least, with this particular dress, the shoes aren't working properly. The first screenshot includes a full body shot so you can see which outfit.

(I looked and couldn't find a thread for this - sorry if there was one already!)

Message 6 of 8 (3,195 Views)

Hero
@kaseyanne5 That outfit has issues with many shoes.

I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (3,182 Views)

Hero

Dress yfBody_GP10DressSuspender_SquareNavy no longer causes discoloration on certain shoes.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,604 Views)