[FIXED] [DHD] Cannot add a room for some gigs/houses

by Shanz0313

Original Post

Re: [DHD] Cannot add a room

★ Apprentice

Yes, substantial foundations - see pic attached. For what it's worth, I've since been able to add rooms and even a level in different houses while on gigs.

Message 21 of 45 (893 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I was having trouble adding a room on the Caliente house in Oasis Springs, which does sit on a foundation.
Message 22 of 45 (882 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictLandgraab gym room addition (cellar) - Can't build anywhere, can't pick up anything, so I canceled the gig and then my decorator reputation dropped. No mods/cc and in a vanilla game.

Message 23 of 45 (888 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict yes I’m pretty sure they all had foundations.

Message 24 of 45 (879 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes it did seem that the places had foundations.

Kin-Ship & the Delgato houses were floor renovations and it worked great. I as able to pretty much demolish the house and rebuild for both.

Message 25 of 45 (864 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are you only doing homes without foundations? I've been steering clear of them and only doing no foundation homes.

Message 26 of 45 (807 Views)

Unable to add rooms in dream home decorator

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EP11:1.assets.live-ep11.217
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game, stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, during gigs in dream home decorator
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to add a new room and delete objects
What do you expect to see? I was doing a commercial gig and was unable to delete objects and unable to add new room
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was on a job gig in dream home decorator and the job was to add a new room, I was unable to delete any objects and add a new room. 

Message 27 of 45 (799 Views)

home decorator gig not working

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? take the home decorator gig for room addition
What happens when the bug occurs? it won' t let add another room or allow me to delete anything
What do you expect to see? to be able to add a room and decorate it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

n/a

Message 28 of 45 (766 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Not sure. I'll need to wait before I test it again. With all the bugs getting worse and worse with each new update and release, I'm severely frustrated with the game right now. Gardening is completely useless, skill leveling is severely and absurdly unbalanced, sim profile panels are completely GONE, the lag is so bad I have to disable HALF the packs...

Just need to cool off and play a game that's actually RELIABLE for a while.
Message 29 of 45 (736 Views)

★ Novice

An interesting point with this issue: If I try to add on to the existing structure, that has a foundation, it won't let me. If I build a separate building on the lot that has no foundation, it will allow that. I haven't had the gig give me a house that didn't have a foundation yet. 

Message 30 of 45 (691 Views)