[FIXED] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

by kreativeangel93

Original Post

Re: [DHD] Can't add level cause roof can't be removed

★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue - i'm able to remove the roof, add stairs, but then can't add anything else because "this level is not designated by the gig""

Message 51 of 126 (2,160 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with Wolfsbane Manor. I suspect it's because the building is already three floors tall. I tried messing around with build mode after going into manage worlds, even tried deleting all of the roofing and stairs and adding a basement. Nothing worked.

Message 52 of 126 (2,150 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Snowy Escape The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The The The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny LivingThe Sims 4: Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose the designer career, get promoted to level 10, select a gig that requires adding a level/room addition
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot add a level, perform room additions, make changes to lot when the above gigs are selected. I have to cancel the gig which lowers reputation. Occasionally I can add one or two walls which then glitch out and I cannot interact with them. Every now and then it will let me delete a wall which also glitches out and cannot be changed.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to build and modify as required for the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I appreciate that this is an unusual pack and I am enjoying the incorporation of build mode into live play but I'm constantly having to reload the game because of bugs.

Message 53 of 126 (2,600 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't add level for some houses

★★★ Guide

This is how I'm supposed to add a level??? Then, even when I cheat to teleport them in, my sim can't do a reveal. She waves her hands and has the 'can't get there' thing over her head.

Message 54 of 126 (2,581 Views)

★ Guide

I think I know what the issue is, the top floor is sometimes used by a room made into a chimney, a half wall, etc. so you have to build ABOVE this stuff, since that would technically be the top floor. Sometimes these floors are not meant to be reached so no stairs, no nothing, making it impossible to complete the task.

I'm currently playing at The Old Salt House in San Myshuno and only place I can build is above the chimney, it won't work because there's no way my Sim or her client would reach such level because it won't let me add stairs anywhere but the designated area. I think we've all figure this out already. So I just wonder when will it get fixed. I'm gonna try cheating the system, like someone in this thread did by visiting the client, adding stuff myself, hence, completing the task (I hope).

Well, wish me luck and here's a pic of what's going on in my game: 

Message 55 of 126 (2,542 Views)

Can’t renovate houses when adding a level or adding a room

★★★ Newbie

When I play the game it works fine when I renovate rooms. But when I add a level to a house it says restricted to the top floor so I try and delete the roofs it won’t let me. And then it won’t let me add stairs so I can have those sims go to the top floor. 
and the last time I tried to add a walk in closet. It wouldn’t let me build anything move anything and all it said were add tiles and it wouldn’t even let me do that. This is for the bee game pack modern development 

Message 56 of 126 (1,734 Views)

Re: Can’t renovate houses when adding a level or adding a room

Champion (Retired)

@Ivyrose1231 

Level additions in an apartment can not be done. There is a bug report for that.

The other issue It does not say just add tiles but add 0-X tiles. Meaning minimum 0 and maximum X tiles.

If there is a large room try room  dividers or repurpose an existing small room. A search for "divider" or a search for "Screen" without "" will turn up most but some are named differently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 57 of 126 (1,717 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My game will let me build the level requested, but I am not able to place stairs or ladders that lead to the level addition because I can't build on any level other than the one I am adding and the stairs/ladders need to be placed on the level below technically.

Message 58 of 126 (2,493 Views)

Can't Satisfy Level Renovation Clients?

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Batuu, Vampires, Paranormal, Spooky, or Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose a level renovation gig and complete all the necessary steps to complete the gig. You can either try showing them around or not; I have gotten the same result (no money, lowered reputation) with each choice.
What happens when the bug occurs? The first time I tried renovating the level, it was a three story house. I was unsure of which level to renovate, but the restrictions said I was restricted to only the ground floor. After renovation, my clients were unhappy and I got no money from the gig, even though I followed their likes and dislikes. I figured that maybe I wasn't supposed to renovate the ground floor so, I shook it off. I tried another level renovation gig in which this house was one story. I renovated the only level the house had and the clients still were not happy, even though I followed their likes and dislikes. This house had the same restrictions as the first house I tried level renovating and the gig I chose was not a level addition, where I would add a level and then renovate.
What do you expect to see? The restrictions should be clearer on which level of the house to renovate or notify the designer that they can choose. The clients then decide whether they like or dislike the renovated floor that they chose.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, fellow simmers!‌ Has anyone else had this

issue?

Message 59 of 126 (2,519 Views)

★ Novice

Only thing that worked for me to add a "normal" level,  was use the cheat bb.enablefreebuild and bb.moveobjects.. but when you do, the amount of money will go to infinity, and it will say that you used 0 simoleons on the gig. Clients were happy though.. But its no fun to play it like that.

Message 60 of 126 (2,446 Views)