Add new level_Dream Decor

by Lexie_Star05

Original Post

Re: [DHD] Can't add level cause roof can't be removed

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Might be. Oh well. Might just stick to room renovations until the issue is fixed.
Message 31 of 126 (16,213 Views)

Dream Home Decorator gig bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Discover University The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle The Sims 4: Snowy Escape The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff The Sims 4: Paranormal The Sims 4: Holiday Celebration Pack The Sims 4: Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose the designer career, get promoted to level 10, select a gig that requires adding a level/room addition
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot add a level, perform room additions, make changes to lot when the above gigs are selected. I have to cancel the gig which lowers reputation.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to make the h=changes requested of me for the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have played without mods to test the bug. Unfortunately, regardless of mods, the bug/glitch persists. I did not spend $22 odd dollars to deal with this.

Message 32 of 126 (16,214 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator gig bug

Hero
@cholla53 Merging your post with the level additions not working although yours sounds more general

Do you have issues with ANY of the tasks ? Or does it depend in which house they are ?

Could you please test on another save you never had mods in to see if the same happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 126 (16,179 Views)

DHD can't add level for level addition

★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play interior designer career, select a level addition job, and attempt to complete
What happens when the bug occurs? No additional levels are allowed, cannot add walls or stairs, or any other items. Not allowed to delete any items at all, including walls.
What do you expect to see? To be able to add walls and stairs to create a new level - basement or otherwise.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing dhd pack

I should absolutely be able to add a level if that's what the client has hired my sim to do. 

Message 34 of 126 (16,214 Views)

Add new level_Dream Decor

★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose level addition gig in interior design active career - lot 5-6-1 Shinrinyoku (snowy escape)
What happens when the bug occurs? Does not allow to add level or any items. Some parts of the roof are resizing and deleted
What do you expect to see? Add a new level on top floor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After game pack dream home decorator

Does not allow to add level or any items. Some parts of the roof are resizing and deleted.

Message 35 of 126 (16,194 Views)

Re: Add new level_Dream Decor

★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this too. You cannot add another level at all. Always says restricted to top floor. 

tried in multiple saves and computers, doesn’t work. Saw on plumbella’s YouTube video that it isn’t working for her either.

Message 36 of 126 (16,157 Views)

Re: Add new level_Dream Decor

Hero

I merged some posts in here.

Could everyone post pictures of the houses they have issues with ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 126 (16,138 Views)

can't build any walls during level addition gigs

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff and Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? during the level addition gigs in home decorator career I cant build any walls, doesnt matter if they are outside the house, inside or if I'm trying to actually add another level.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't finish the level addition gigs, so I end up losing reputation and not getting paid:-/
What do you expect to see? To be able to do what the game wants me to do- add levels or build walls when I'm asked to:-)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

:-(

Message 38 of 126 (16,137 Views)

Can't add upstairs level on DHC

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Français
What is your current game version number? Lastest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Ecology and Get famous, Spa day, Dine out, Parenthood, Dream home decorator, perfect patio, kids room, backyard, bowling night, toddler, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a gig that requires adding a floor
What happens when the bug occurs? So, for a couple of days, I've been testing the new game pack like most Simmers, and to do so I used the new girl that comes with the pack. Since she was already high in her career, she reached the last level, and so I took a gig that requires adding an upstairs floor. At first, the house had no floor, so I thought no biggie, but then once I was left on my own to do the renovations... I couldn't get anything done. Like I can't add a wall, can't change the furniture, can't change the floor, absolutely nothing... So let alone adding a level on its own. I saved my game before going there but it's like just a few minutes before the gig starts... I tried two times and the second time after I entered the editing world and added a floor on my own and barely furnished it to see if I could do anything with it... Well, I can't and on this, I'm pretty sure I won't have any choice but cancel the gig and just lose the good reputation she built 😐. I saw some having the issue with a room and didn't stumble across that one yet, but yes, the floor one should be looked into because how can my Sim work if I can't touch anything in the house?
What do you expect to see? Be able to add an upstairs level and anything else for that matter.
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after I installed DHC

My game always worked pretty fine compared to all the bugs I'm seeing on the forum. I have mods, yes, but they're all up to date and I'm quite sure none of them would cause the issue with adding levels, basements, rooms, etc etc, this is definitely into the pack... So I hope to see a patch to fix all the issues. Meanwhile, I'm just going to cancel the gig which sucks but well 😓

See the picture below (I was trying to add the stairs where the bed is, sorry about the quality, forgot to turn off the flash and my laptop is old, I have to play on low settings). But that's just it, this was only one floor(before I added one). I was eager to renovate this one because ehh, it's not top-notch quality. 

Message 39 of 126 (16,167 Views)

Can’t add new level addition

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: laundry, tiny living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to add a level addition in a job in Home Decorator career.
What happens when the bug occurs? I accept a gig in the home decorator career that requires a level addition. Once I am at the lot to do the job, I am unable to edit, delete or do anything to satisfy the job. I cannot add walls or floors on any level nor on a new level. I can’t delete any existing things or move anything on the lot.
What do you expect to see? That I can add stairs and then walls and floors on the new level.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can’t add a new level for New Level gigs, not edit existing levels. Job performance suffers.

Message 40 of 126 (16,164 Views)