Re: Custom holidays disappear from the calendar after they have been celebrated

by Christinaaaw

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Custom Holidays don't reappear the coming 'year'/ Issue creating new

Hero
Don't think the patch notes refer to this issue. They refer to the the other one with the events.

The notes only talk about events, not holidays

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 31 (1,626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So it appears(as I have played all the way through spring in my game now), that the Holidays I created(plus the ones already preexisting in spring) have reappeared on the Calendar. I’m wagering that the game thinks those days are in the past that it won’t let you see the holidays, make new ones, nor edit them.. The bug does fix itself but it’s an annoying one.

Message 22 of 31 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’m having this same problem in my game. But the last messages in this thread give me hope it will fix it self. I still have couple more days left for before season changes. I will let you know how it goes when I reach the next season. 

Message 23 of 31 (1,567 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue as well, after the first Seasons update it worked for me but after a week of gameplay it just stopped working. I played Valentines day (Love day) and then it disappeared, didn't show up and wont let me add another holiday. I'm playing on the 28 days per season option so when my holidays are over that's it, no more holidays in my calendar. I only have CAS CC and have tried repairing my game without CC and it didn't help. 

Message 24 of 31 (1,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. After playing threw the first year, none of the standard Holidays appear. And I cant add Holidays to the second year. I have tried renaming the Sims file and repairing the game. I have tried starting a new save and playing threw a couple of days. And cant add to the new year as it appears. I have no mods installed 

Message 25 of 31 (1,477 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 31 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Novice
yes I am the calendar gets rid of my holiday
Message 27 of 31 (1,357 Views)

★ Guide
@Joyius I also experience this on PS4. I began a 28-day seasonal cycle in spring, & when I went to add a holiday to upcoming spring 1st after that 1st week of current spring had passed, I was unable to see the holiday until it became summer in-game. In my confusion I attempted to create the event within that 1st week several times to see if/when it’d appear, but only by summer could I actually view the holiday.
Message 28 of 31 (1,075 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue that made Simmer created Holidays in the Calendar populate after a season ended.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 31 (4,944 Views)

Re: Can not see preexisting Holidays or make new ones in new season period.

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I am having the same problem!! Since the new patch that came out today!!! Tryed repair the game, tryed without mods, even made a completly new folder for sims 4... EA just doesnt care🤷‍♀️ patched the game with bucks fixes noone asked for or needet...
Message 30 of 31 (985 Views)