Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Curtains invisible after moving in

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a home (mine had 2 floors) and place curtains on the windows, all types. Get a sim to move into this home, a lot of the curtains are no longer there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Curtains disappear! After moving in .... and during the game also.
What do you expect to see? The curtains should stay where they are...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Island Living.

Is someone else having this weird problem with disappearing curtains?

I build my home, everything is fine. Once I get a sim to move into the home most of the curtains have disappeared?? (Not all of them but quite a few)

If I go into build mode and click on a window the curtain appears again but one I place the window down again, the curtain is gone again.

If I remove the window and then undo, the curtain is back.

It’s so weird, I think it happens since I got Island Living… (no mods!) 

Please can someone tell me if they have the same problem?

Message 1 of 18 (2,554 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Curtains invisible after moving in

★ Guide

@crinrict I haven't commented on here before but I just checked this issue in a save where I noticed it recently and the curtains showed up fine with cutaway walls (today's patch applied). Just for a data point to add.

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,674 Views)

All Replies

Re: Disappearing curtains (after moving in, curtains are no longer there)

Hero
@Aijah2211 Test this and all the ones I placed seem to be there.

What's your graphics settings ? Could you post a picture of those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (2,516 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrictThank you for your reply! Standard smile

I play on high graphic settings.

I have a gaming pc and a gaming laptop, both had the issue.

This seems to happen randomly, since the curtains are sometims there and sometimes not...

It happened to those curtains in the picture. I haven't tested it out with all curtains. Some stay where they where...

Thank you for your time @crinrict  Standard smile

Message 3 of 18 (2,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Aijah2211 I'm going to tag this as Needs Input to see if anyone else has this. I can't do further testing for now. Have the same settings as you

Seems to me they're invisible not gone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (2,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Aijah2211 

I know this problem. The curtains do not disappear. They are simply invisible. Invisible in game mode and often invisible even in build mode when you will go in this mode from the game. They are visible when you enter the house in building mode, from the city map

Only when you move this window with curtains in the building mode to another piece of the wall - not in the room you can see them. And then the discovery - you have a lot of curtains - you put them there because you thought they were gone. I also play on high settings. and drivers are up to date. Well, in game mode I have to accept it or use a reed blind that will not disappear. When I send a house to the Gallery, I hope that the client will see these curtains as Crin can see it.

Message 5 of 18 (2,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey, I have found the issue in my game, too. I'm troubleshooty by nature, so I played around and found out the following:

- curtains are invisible, not gone

- when using "walls up", the curtains will be visible
- in cutaway mode, they'll be gone

- it only seems to happen with curtains who are attached to the window directly

if there's anything testable, I can give more input & test things.

EDIT: I have added two screenshots to prove my theory of "attached to window curtains only". 

Attached as in shows a little light-green mark under the window. I think you know what I mean.

06-23-19_4-06-56 PM.png

06-23-19_4-07-06 PM.png

Message 6 of 18 (2,446 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes you are right! They appear once I put the walls up.

(see pictures)

@crinrict 

It's really weird...

When I click on the window in build mode they are there, once I let go of the window, they are gone again.

Message 7 of 18 (2,429 Views)

Hero
@Aijah2211 It's a strange issue for sure.

Thanks for the input @all

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (2,425 Views)

Curtains keep disappearing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? outdoor retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house and play. The bigger the better. hang curtains over windows and play the game. then see if your curtains are gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The curtains are gone. The windows are there, but the curtains are gone
What do you expect to see? Huh? I expect to see the curtains I put up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It always has done this. I put up curtains, especially on bigger houses. then they're gone. I don't use mods. Nothing else disappears so it must be a bug. If it was an error in the game, then other things would disappear. but the only thing that disappears is curtains. It has to be a bug. there is some sort of interaction between the windows and the curtains. If you go to delete the windows in build mode you will see the curtains are actually there, but just invisible. The only way to get the curtains to appear again is to delete the curtains and the window and put them back. Then sometimes, the curtains will stay, but not always. Sometimes they just disappear again.

Message 9 of 18 (2,334 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can you give me the names of the curtains you're having this problem with? We're having trouble reproducing the problem. If you could also share a save file it'd be much appreciated, thanks so much! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 18 (2,302 Views)