Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cursor jumps when going over other objects

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put down landscaping plants. Move cursor over objects when trying to use terrain paint or placing another object.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cursor jumps to an unexpected location after moving over a plant. It also happens to me with other objects on occasion (like a ceiling light) but it happens consistently for landscaping plants. Attached video shows trying to move the cursor horizontally across landscaping plants but the cursor jumps dramatically when it goes over the center of some plants.
What do you expect to see? Cursor moves where it is directed to go by the user.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. One of the updates/packs over the last few months before November.

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 3 of 8 (2,890 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cursor jumps when going over other objects

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We think this issue may no longer be occurring.  If anyone is still seeing it (without mods), let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (2,385 Views)

All Replies

[NEEDS INPUT] Placing Items Through Others Causes Bounce

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL, but Island Living, Realm of Magic, and Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place an object. Then try and place an item behind it or in it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Depending on the angle and camera view, the items you try an place behind an object will bounce around to the front of the objects' footprint.
What do you expect to see? Smooth placing of items through these object footprints.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The September 17th patch, 1.55.108.1020

Depending on the camera angle and the camera direction, if the floorspace is obscured, items you are trying to place bounce around the the front of the footprint of whatever is obscurng it.  I've noticed it most when trying to place things under/behind columns (video8), spandrels, and ceiling lights (video5, video13). Ceiling lights currently being the worst offenders. I've also had it while trying to stack items with MoveObjects (video3). It's also occurred in a tiny room build, where one side of the wall was obscuring the floorspace on the other side and objects were bouncing between the wall and outside. Or even trying to MOO a plant into a large vase, it bounces around and is difficult to finagle just so.

Occurs across multiple saves, with and without mods. Persists through repairs, cache clears, and most recent update. Generally yeah, sure it's an easy enough fix to change your camera angles or rotate your view, but this didn't use to be an issue, and sometimes even that doesn't fix it.

Videos

Message 1 of 8 (2,782 Views)

Re: Placing Items Through Others Causes Bounce

@morphinomina

This has always been the case from certain camera angles and around room perimeters. It can be annoying I agree Frown

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (2,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@withlovejulien 

Unfortunately, your video isn't working.

Does this happen in all your saves games and also if you start a new one ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I converted the video from the Sims 4 avi to mp4 so I hope that allows it to work.

I does happen with a new save and happens in older saves, too..

Message 5 of 8 (2,730 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We think this issue may no longer be occurring.  If anyone is still seeing it (without mods), let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8 (2,386 Views)

★ Novice

This started again. My mom is experiencing it now. But it's happening over different objects. Like notebooks and computers. She is on PS5.

Message 7 of 8 (1,174 Views)

Hero
@satabob Could you please create a new thread ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,172 Views)