[FIXED] Cursor gets stuck on Camera icon in CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Cursor gets stuck on Camera icon in CAS

Hero

Thanks for the detailed descriptions.

I truly hope EA can figure this one out soon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 91 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

• I have a laptop
  • I' m using Windows 7
  • I'm using a mousepad
  • Yes i'm running Laptopmode
  • I just mentioned it in CAS
  • I had the same problem with the demo
  • It just happens its not a thing of time sometimes it happens earlier sometimes later without me doing anything specific
Message 42 of 91 (1,388 Views)

Hero

Do you have a mouse to try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 91 (1,385 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the same problem just keep running the mouse over the gallery. you'll eventually be able to open the gallery and once you've opened it just exit out of the gallery and then it should be fixed. Hope it works for you. worked for me.

Message 44 of 91 (1,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This problem has been plaguing me for ages. I clicked the random die and my mouse was back to normal.

Message 45 of 91 (1,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
UGH!!! I just lost 4 hours of game time because of this...

Do you have a laptop or a desktop computer ?
Laptop

What operating system do you have (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac)
OS X Yosemite

Are you using a mouse or the touchpad or some other input device (please specify exactly, ex: Razor Mouse, Microsoft Mouse, ..)
Trackpad, do not have a mouse at the moment

Are you running laptop mode ?
Didn't know there was one

Does it only happen in CAS or have you seen it in Live/Buy/Build mode as well ?
It happened before in live mode, but I was able to exit the home and go back into it, which corrected the problem

Did you play the CAS Demo and if so, did you have the same issue ?
Did not play CAS demo

Please try to describe the steps that cause the issue for you. I know this might be difficult but the more info the better.
I clicked on a dresser during live play mode to make changes to a sim I just married. I was able to try a few hairstyles, then it the mouse disappeared altogether. I was able to get mouse back by hitting cmd-tab on the keyboard, but that is when I started getting the camera when I clicked the mouse. I can click on a category (hair, tops, bottoms, etc), but when I try clicking on types (long hair, button-downs, shorts, etc), it clears everything and just goes to the sim.

Please include your DxDiag but make sure to either post them at pastebin.com (or hastebin.com) and just post the link here or to include spoiler tags.
Don't have one

Anything else you think might be important ?
Message 46 of 91 (1,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • Do you have a laptop or a desktop computer ? laptop 
  • What operating system do you have (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac) OSX Yosemite 10.10.1 on a 2011 MacBook Pro 
  • Are you using a mouse or the touchpad or some other input device  (please specify exactly, ex: Razor Mouse, Microsoft Mouse, ..) touchpad, but there is also occasionally a Wacom Intuos 3 plugged in
  • Are you running laptop mode ? I think so?
  • Does it only happen in CAS or have you seen it in Live/Buy/Build mode as well ? Only in CAS
  • Did you play the CAS Demo and if so, did you have the same issue ? Didn't play it
  • Please try to describe the steps that cause the issue for you. I know this might be difficult but the more info the better. I'm not 100% sure if it always happens when I'm doing something to the hair but at least this most recent time and another I can recall I was changing hairstyles when it happened. I also have Chrome open with... a lot of tabs. But this has also happened when TS4 was the only thing running.
  • Anything else you think might be important ? I'm not sure if the fixes offered are actually fixing the problem or if the problem is resolving itself some other way and people are just THINKING the fixes are working, because sometimes this resolves for me when I try different things and sometimes it doesn't, even if I do the same things in the same order.

Message 47 of 91 (1,229 Views)

Mouse stuck

★★★ Newbie

When i'm in CaS the cursor sometimes gets stuck on rotation mode and i cant click on any buttons. All it does is rotates the sim when ever i click anywhere. Its like the game acts as if I'm holding down the left hand button however my mouse works perfectly fine.

Message 48 of 91 (1,222 Views)

★ Novice
Message 49 of 91 (1,193 Views)

Hero

Do you have a mouse to try ? I think so far that's the best way to try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 91 (1,187 Views)