[FIXED] Cursor gets stuck on Camera icon in CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Cursor gets stuck on Camera icon in CAS

★★ Novice

I also tried the workarounds on page 1, nothing worked. Really mad cause I payed almost 60 euros for this. 

Message 31 of 91 (1,818 Views)

Hero

So it doesn't work with a mouse either ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 91 (1,814 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! So as you know I have been having these problems but I have actually gotten to play sims4 now! I was able to quickly make one sim and start playing! I saved every 5 minutes because I was so happy to play and didn't want to lose it! But I don't know how I was able to fully make one and play but it worked! I really like the sims 4 but would just like to not have to load everytime you travel... Standard smile

Message 33 of 91 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you have a laptop or a desktop computer?
- laptop
What operating system do you have (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac)
- Windows 8
Are you using a mouse or the touchpad or some other input device (please specify exactly, ex: Razor Mouse, Microsoft Mouse, ..)
- touchpad, but have tried mouse too
Are you running laptop mode ?
- I think that's the only mode I have?
Does it only happen in CAS or have you seen it in Live/Buy/Build mode as well ?
- so far, only CAS
Did you play the CAS Demo and if so, did you have the same issue ?
- played demo on my pc. had no issue.
Please try to describe the steps that cause the issue for you. I know this might be difficult but the more info the better.
- everytime i create a new family to play, or edit a family in CAS is glitches
Anything else you think might be important?
- I've been playing the game since midnight on the day it came out.

Message 34 of 91 (1,712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I want to add my info to in order to hopefully help EA solve this very frustrating issue. 

Do you have a laptop or a desktop computer?
- laptop

What operating system do you have (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac)
- 64-bit Windows 8.1

Are you using a mouse or the touchpad or some other input device (please specify exactly, ex: Razor Mouse, Microsoft Mouse, ..)
- touchpad, but I have tried my Wacom Create tablet to see if that would fix it. It did not. 

Are you running laptop mode ?
- I have had the mouse issue running both laptop mode and standard mode. 

Does it only happen in CAS or have you seen it in Live/Buy/Build mode as well ?
- CAS and the gallery (I accessed the gallery via CAS)

Did you play the CAS Demo and if so, did you have the same issue ?
- I played the demo and did not have this issue

Please try to describe the steps that cause the issue for you. I know this might be difficult but the more info the better.
- I feel as if this is very random. Sometimes I can make a whole family without any issues, sometimes my mouse gets stuck in camera mode as soon as I enter CAS, and sometimes it happens halfway through creating a Sim. 

Message 35 of 91 (1,709 Views)

Hero

I take it you don't have a mouse to try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 91 (1,705 Views)

Hero

@SimplySimz And the tricks for the mouse don't help ? Do you also get it when you have the mouse plugged in or only if you already have it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 91 (1,702 Views)

Stuck in Create a Sim/Create a Household

★★★ Newbie

So I just purchased the new Get to Work expansion today all excited to spend my day off playing the new expansion pack.

Wrong.

I keep getting stuck in the Create a Sim mode after my mouse gets stuck in the "rotate sim" mode that usually you have to drag to use. The only way to get out of it is to hit the escape button, but it won't even let me click exit because it is still stuck rotating the sim, so I just have to ctr, alt, delete out of the game completely.

I figured fine, I'll just use some of my sims I've made before and play them until the next patch or update... and I'm hit with all the endless loading screens to enjoy any of the new features that I know everyone else is complaining about...

Then I find out that this expansion pack isn't eligible for a refund.

EA Games, you have severely pissed off a loyal player since the original game, and I'm more than disappointed in all these new games being released before they are ready.

Message 38 of 91 (1,667 Views)

Re: Stuck in Create a Sim/Create a Household

Hero

Hi @biedronka025 

there's several workarounds in the first post of this thread I moved yours into.

If those don't help, could you answer the questions for me.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 91 (1,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  1. Laptop
  2. win8
  3. touchpad
  4. idk
  5. CAS only
  6. no, no
  7. This last time (I was in windowed mode), I was changing her athletic outfit and then hoping to give her plastic surgery and a nose job
  8. -
  9. I tried the suggestion of holding left and right at the same time. I tried the windows keyboard key suggestion. no change for either of these. I tried the suggestion of plugging in a mouse. It changed nothing. I unplugged it. I tried the touchpad. Nothing changed. I plugged it back in and unplugged it immediately. No change. I plugged it back in, turned off touchpad, and pressed the middle button. Nothing. I scrolled the middle button and tried again. Nothing. THEN, after all this, I retried the left and right mouse button trick on the plugin mouse.

I clicked on my person, held the left button and right button down on the mouse, turned her willy nilly, and let go. I finally could click done! It went back to my game. I attempted to go back into CAS and trigger the issue again, but it didn't seem to be happening, even when converting back to touchpad. I'm sure if I keep trying, it will return, though.

My game is an origin download

Message 40 of 91 (1,633 Views)