Re: [FIXED] Cursor gets stuck on Camera icon in CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: CAMERA GETS STUCK ON WHEEL

Hero

Hi @mazz177,

I merged your post. Please refer to the first post for some suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 91 (1,693 Views)

Hero

• We fixed an issue that could be caused when using a trackpad, resulting in the cursor becoming stuck (most often while in Create a Sim), and leave users in an unplayable state.

Cautiously marking this as solved (meaning I will mark as solved but it will stay on the list for now).

Please let me know how it's working out for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 91 (18,244 Views)

★ Novice

My cursor got stuck while I was playing Sims 4 in live mode on a Windows laptop.  I was using my cordless mouse.  I tried to close the computer down, but it kept coming back on.  Finally I closed the lid down and went to bed.  The next day when I opened up my laptop, everything was fine.  I didn't lose anything in my game.  It was disconcerting, and I hope it doesn't happen again.  I still wanted to play longer!

Message 83 of 91 (1,545 Views)

★★ Novice

Having this problem after the patch that came out on June 23. I have tried every solution multiple times but nothing is working.

Laptop

Mac

Microsoft mouse & track pad (both get stuck immediately on camera mode as soon as I open CAS)

Only in CAS

I did not play CAS demo but it has only started happening after the patch yesterday

I open CAS & I can click on hair and change the hair and makeup and accessories but I cannot click on the face to edit it. I cannot go to clothes at all. I can click on traits, name, voice, and all that. It happens as soon as I open CAS.

Message 84 of 91 (1,531 Views)

Hero

Since you have a mac, it's better to post in the mac forum here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 85 of 91 (1,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if your cursor just....Goes invisible when you're using the touchpad????

Because, that's exactly what's happening with mine. I see the icons turn green for a hot second, but, I can't see the mouse cursor! What's the point on playing a game you don't see?

Message 86 of 91 (1,344 Views)

Hero

Hi @RyanRainow96

do you have mouse trails on ? That's mostly he issue for invisible cursors.

If not, please create a new thread in this forum for troubleshooting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 87 of 91 (1,334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On certain parts of my screen my cursor does not work so if I try to do anything it won’t let me.

Message 88 of 91 (1,288 Views)

Hero
@Linz_6002 Is that in First person view only ?

PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 91 (1,285 Views)

★★ Novice

hello 

my cursor doesn't work in cas

it doesn't let me leave

I use a MacBook Pro with trackpad and I dont have a mouse pls help 

Message 90 of 91 (982 Views)