Re: [Info Request] Cursor gets stuck on Camera icon in CAS

by cheercrazyo8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cursor gets stuck on Camera icon in CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

Issue

When in CAS, the cursor suddenly gets stuck on the Camera icon and does not want to change back. All you can do is force-close the game.

Possible Workarounds/Solutions

Most of these are taken from the old thread here: Cursor stops working in CAS. If a solution helps you, please click on the link and give the post XP.

To help find out what is causing this issue, could you please answer the following questions: 

• Do you have a laptop or a desktop computer ?
  • What operating system do you have (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac)
  • Are you using a mouse or the touchpad or some other input device  (please specify exactly, ex: Razor Mouse, Microsoft Mouse, ..)
  • Are you running laptop mode ?
  • Does it only happen in CAS or have you seen it in Live/Buy/Build mode as well ?
  • Did you play the CAS Demo and if so, did you have the same issue ?
  • Please try to describe the steps that cause the issue for you. I know this might be difficult but the more info the better.
  • Please include your DxDiag but make sure to either post them at pastebin.com (or hastebin.com) and just post the link here or to include spoiler tags.
  • Anything else you think might be important ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 91 (36,857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAMERA GETS STUCK ON WHEEL

Hero

• We fixed an issue that could be caused when using a trackpad, resulting in the cursor becoming stuck (most often while in Create a Sim), and leave users in an unplayable state.

Cautiously marking this as solved (meaning I will mark as solved but it will stay on the list for now).

Please let me know how it's working out for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 82 of 91 (18,105 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

this is really annoying. it happens everytime i play.

Message 2 of 91 (36,523 Views)

Sims 4 Mac, Mouse stuck on camera in CAS

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I just installed TS4 on my Macbook pro. I have yet to be able to play the game, because after about 2 minutes in CAS, the mouse gets stuck on camera/rotate mode and I cannot click on anything. I tried playing in windowded mode, restarted my computer and restarted the game several times and nothing has worked so far. Help!

Message 3 of 91 (36,506 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

This continues to be a big issue in sims 4

i have a touch mouse and am using  a laptop with windows 7 

i downloaded the game from the orgin website

it only occures in CAS

i played the demo and it happened there too 

it really sucks because i lost alot of cool families because of this issue

Message 4 of 91 (36,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tannith14 Could you please answer the questions above.

@cheercrazyo8 Did you try with a mouse you plug in and none of the solutions above help you ?

@heatherr0se Merged your post. Could you check the first post and answer the questions. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 91 (36,488 Views)

sims 4 cas glitch

★★ Novice

in create a sim mode and after a 7 minutes my cursor turns into the the rotating cursor whenever i press something. will someone please tell me how to fix it because its really frustrating.

Message 6 of 91 (36,262 Views)

Re: sims 4 cas glitch

Hero

@Courtnee726 Merged your post. Please refer to the first page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 91 (36,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey everyone, found out how to fix it!!! no worries no more. All you have to do is put your computer on sleep and then turn it back on then the issue will be solved!!!! worked for me. no need for restarting and loosing everything!!! Standard smile

Message 8 of 91 (36,172 Views)

★★★ Novice
This does not work for me.
Message 9 of 91 (35,919 Views)

★★★ Novice
Do you have a laptop or a desktop computer?
- laptop
What operating system do you have (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac)
- Windows 7
Are you using a mouse or the touchpad or some other input device (please specify exactly, ex: Razor Mouse, Microsoft Mouse, ..)
- touchpad
Are you running laptop mode ?
- I think that's the only mode I have?
Does it only happen in CAS or have you seen it in Live/Buy/Build mode as well ?
- so far, only CAS
Did you play the CAS Demo and if so, did you have the same issue ?
- no, I did not play the demo
Please try to describe the steps that cause the issue for you. I know this might be difficult but the more info the better.
- I tried to change my Sims outfits so I entered into CAS mode. After a couple of minutes, the mouse changed to a camera icon and it won't let me select anything.
Please include your DxDiag but make sure to either post them at pastebin.com (or hastebin.com) and just post the link here or to include spoiler tags.
- http://pastebin.com/KVYwfL7q
Anything else you think might be important?
- I've been playing the game for over a month now and this is the first time it has happened. I have tried all other possible solutions given and nothing has worked.
Message 10 of 91 (35,918 Views)