by SimLibby

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cowplant death: no resurrection after giving deathflower

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi EA and fellow Simmers,

I think I have a bug.

After giving the deathflower to the Grim Reaper because my Sim is eaten by a cowplant, Grim Reaper takes the Sim anyway. I get the notification the Sims life is spared, for a brief moment the picture re-appears in my user panel, but then the Grim Reapers takes his tablet out, does his hocus pocus with his hands and the gravestone appears (and the picture disappears and so does my Sim). It's another Sim that gives the deatflower (and not the Sim I'am about to kill off).

Besides repairing all my games and removing my caches, I started a new game. Same story. So I tried a different death. This time the Sim was resurrected after giving the deathflower to the Grim Reaper. 

I also tried it with a new The Sims 4 folder to see if there was maybe a corruption in my old The Sims 4 folder. The same problem occurred. I also can't unbound Sims from the Voodoo doll (maybe there is a connection). I also always get a lastException.txt. Which seems strange to me, because my game doesn't crash. 

I hardly can't find any information about my problem and I would really like to know if it's something I did (or didn't do) to cause this problem or that's a bug. I tried many times, every time with small changes in circumstances (different Sim that's eaten by the cowplant, no other ghosts on the lot, debug cowplant vs cowplant without cheats, etc.) to exclude things that might cause the problem. But there are just to much possibilities when it comes to creating the right circumstances. Especially because I have no clue what I'am looking for. I thought it had maybe something to do with the cowplant I got by cheating but it doesn't because the problem also occurred when I use the cowplant seed from fishing. I use a lot of cheats (maybe that's the problem?) because I'am not really playing, I'am making tuts. I want to figure out if I make a mistake so I don't accidentally translate that to my tut.

I don't use any CC or mods. I do often use a Sim from my library that I saved with the Bestselling Author Aspiration completed (so he only needs to write the Book of life). But even when I don't use this Sim, or don't write the epic saga for the Sim I'am about to kill off, the story goes the same.

I have installed: Get together, Romantic Garden stuff, Movie Stuff and the Free packs.

I asked help on The Sims forum in this topic (where I also placed some pictures) and someone referred me to this site. 

Any suggestions, tips or whatever you want to share that might help, it's much appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 16 (6,342 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Cowplant death: no resurrection after giving deathflower

Hero

• The cowplant is now safer! And by safer we mean, Grim will no longer fail to resurrect those eaten by the cowplant that were successfully pleaded, or flower bribed.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (6,276 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cowplant death: no resurrection after giving deathflower

[ Edited ]
Hero

lastexception files have nothing to do with crashes. Only the lastcrash files do.

lastexception mean that the game runs into a problem and an (mostly unhandeled) error is thrown. 

If you could attach that file, that would be very helpful.

I don't have the possibility to test atm as I don't have access to my game but maybe @greenxen or @canelacaliente could try if they can replicate the problem in their games for me ?

I'm adding this with a [TO TEST] tag for now to see if others can replicate this.

Also did you try pleading as well ? Does that not work either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (6,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crinrict,

Thank you for a quick response and help.

I included the last exception file. 

Yes, I just tried pleading with my new The Sims 4 folder (with non of my saves, tray items, etc.) and I already did with my old one (with all of my saves, tray items, etc.).

I plead the normal way and plead from grieve by living Sims and, when I used my old The Sims 4 folder, living Sims as well as ghosts.

Same thing happens. I get the purple notification the life is spared but the Grim Reaper takes my Sims anyway.

It would be great if you, or somebody else could test this. I'am curious about those results. So thank you for even suggesting this. 

EDIT: I don't know if this is important but the included last exception file is from my new The Sims 4 folder and from two times starting the game and playing a couple of times the same saved file. 

Message 3 of 16 (6,232 Views)

Hero

I can't really read the file but it will help the devs pinpoint the issue so if there's indeed something broken, it's good for them to have it.

Does your dying Sim have lots of stuff in his inventory ? Can you try what happens if you empty it out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (6,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The only things in the inventory of my Sims (including the dying one) are deathflowers and sometimes a voodoo doll. I even tried it with no voodoo doll and one deathflower. 

EDIT: to make sure I just tried it with no stuff in the inventory of the dying Sim and no stuff in the inventory of the third Sim. I only gave one deathflower to the Sim who is about to give the flower to the Grim Reaper. Same story. 

Message 5 of 16 (6,217 Views)

Hero

OK.

Atm, I'm inclined to say, it's a bug and there's nothing you can do about it.

Let's see if others can duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (6,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oké. In a way it's good to know changes are there is a bug. For now I can stop testing, because I'am getting a little bit frustrated with playing the same story over and over again with no succes. 

I will await you're response and test results from you or other players who are testing. If there is indeed a bug I can include it in my tut for my site or at least I know how my bugged game is maybe influencing the data I collect for my tut. 

Thank you. 

EDIT: maybe it's related. I also tried to kill off my Sims bij rocket ship. I let them crash for more than 50 times. My Sims refuse to die by the fire caused by the crash. 

Message 7 of 16 (6,191 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I checked this and was able to easily replicate it.

First time I opened the game in that computer (well, second, as I had to restart to do some configuration). No mods, no CC, fresh game.

I took two random sims from the gallery, 5 death flowers in each's inventory and two cowplants in the lot. I made one sim eat the cake from one cowplant and then from the other. Second time she died. Grim Reaper came, my other sim gave him a flower and he accepted it. I got the notification "Elena has come back to life!". But after the animation of the reaper ended, I got a beautiful gravestone in my garden.

Message 8 of 16 (6,160 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Pekesims,

Thank you for taking the time to do you're own test. 

It's getting more clear that's a bug. 

Message 9 of 16 (6,156 Views)

★ Guide

Crinrict,

I read "How does this forum work" and I wonder: do you want/need any additional information?

I don't have all files but I do have saves and the config.txt - log (lastException.txt you already have).

Message 10 of 16 (6,108 Views)