Re: [OPEN] Cowplant Milk Misnamed

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cowplant Milk Misnamed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After my cowplant devours a sim and I milk it, the "mysterious liquid" added to my inventory is named "____'s essence of happiness" or whatever emotion the sim had when he was eaten. The sim's name is missing though.

I already checked whether this bug was caused by any of my mods but even when I remove all mods and run the game, the bug persists.

Has anybody else seen this and been able to fix it?  

Message 1 of 7 (1,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Essence milked from Cowplants will now display the name of the Sim whose essence it is.
  • …because it’s important to know.
    • “Was that Bob you just drank? Because you know I was saving Bob. And now, Bob is gone… did you really need Bob? I mean Susan and George are still in the fridge, they’re right there next to the lasagna. But no, you had to take Bob!”

Fixed in Patch 1.25.135

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (927 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cowplant Milk Misnamed

Hero

Does the tombstone/urn still exist when it says that ? If so, does that have a proper name ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!

The sim is still alive. She did not have the drained moodlet, so the cowplant just spat her out.

I just tested your theory: I let my sim grab the cake a second time, while she still had the "drained" moodlet. The cowplant spat out her tombstone and it had her name, correctly. When I got another sim to milk the cowplant, he received a drink called "ESSENCE OF ASHLEY'S LIFE".

It seems that it is only the emotions drinks that are affected by this bug.

Message 3 of 7 (985 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (958 Views)

★★★ Pro

This is still occurring as of the February 2016 patch.

Message 5 of 7 (921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still an issue as of the July 2016 patch.

Running no mods / cc.
Message 6 of 7 (886 Views)

Hero

Essence milked from Cowplants will now display the name of the Sim whose essence it is.
  • …because it’s important to know.
    • “Was that Bob you just drank? Because you know I was saving Bob. And now, Bob is gone… did you really need Bob? I mean Susan and George are still in the fridge, they’re right there next to the lasagna. But no, you had to take Bob!”

Fixed in Patch 1.25.135

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (928 Views)