Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cow plant shows with flower pot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, several game packs, and some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure...this only happens occasionally and I am not sure what causes it. I suspect it happens after the cow plant swallows someone..but not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? a flower pot displays above the planter box see screenshot an link to video.
What do you expect to see? not flower pot on top of the planter box with the cow plant
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the feb 25 patch began this issue with the cow plant

The cowplant has a visual bug and displays a flower pot on top of the planter box.  I am not sure what causes it...but I suspect it happens after the cow plant swallows someone.  This has happened more than once since the 25th of February patch.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E60uwkhDGpA&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 9 (2,238 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Cow plant shows with flower pot

★★★ Guide

This glitch has been fixed after the Seasons update.  

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,960 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Cow plant visual bug

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crinrict@Nuke615
Saw a post about this on another site so I did my own experiment.
I Own all the current content - Zero CC - Zero Mods (Test was done after the #TS4JungleAdventure patch and before installing the Jungle Adventure pack.

I pulled out a Cowplant I had in family inventory and compared it to one planted after the patch. The test was done by placing the Cowplant indoors.

Cowplant Experiment

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 9 (2,172 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Cow plant visual bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I am getting this visual bug each time I load a saved game..the cow plant does not have to swallow anyone to get this to happen.  Using the bb.moveobject cheat, the transposed pot will vanish if you place the cow plant in another location, then putting it back in its original planter box

Message 3 of 9 (2,121 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,065 Views)

★★★ Guide

Still getting the same bug...moved plant to a different area, and each time the lot loads, the visual bug is still there.  

Message 5 of 9 (2,021 Views)

★★★ Guide

Trying a test.  Have replanted the cowberry with a new seed..and planted a second cowberry in an area with lots of space.  I have reloaded the lot and the visual glitch is gone on these seedlings, but I want to see what happens with both plants on a reload once they are fully grown.  I'll post screenshots of the fully grown ones later.

Message 6 of 9 (2,005 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ok, as soon as they become full grown, the visual bug appears.  Both of the cowplants did this the moment they became full grown.  The space the plant has to grow is not the issue.  Same happens when the mod folder is removed.

Message 7 of 9 (1,998 Views)

★★★ Guide

Planting the cow plant directly into the ground solves the problem.  If you use a planter box, the visual bug happens once the plant reaches maturity.  The bug is gone if planted right into the soil.  Reloading the lot, in this case,  does not affect the visuals for the cow plant.

Message 8 of 9 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Guide

This glitch has been fixed after the Seasons update.  

Message 9 of 9 (1,961 Views)