Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Constant "off the grid lot" notification

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up a Sim's off-the-grid lot; leave/visit another lot and re-enter that off-the-grid lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification pops up explaining the lot is an off-the-grid lot, every time that lot is loaded/visited, even within the same play session. For example: load lot, get pop-up; visit community lot and return home, get pop-up.
What do you expect to see? No further notifications after the initial notification explaining an off-the-grid lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.133.1020/Eco Living

I was asked to make a separate report thread for this.

This began with either the new patch or Eco Living, I have both at the same time so I'm unsure which install caused this.

I keep getting the notification that "This is an off of the utility grid lot" every single time I load, arrive, or return to my Sim's lot. For me, this notification does not appear if I visit someone else's house that has the off-the-grid lot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (2,597 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Constant "off the grid lot" notification

Hero

Fixed an issue that triggered the Off-the-Grid notifications after traveling to different Lots in Evergreen Harbor, even when they are not labeled as Off-the-Grid.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

Not 100% sure if this is the correct thread so please let me know if you still see the issue originally posted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,756 Views)

All Replies

Re: Patch/EL - Constant "off the grid lot" notification

★★★★ Pro

Confirmed for vanilla game.

Message 2 of 9 (2,562 Views)

Champion

Me too, I’ve never played an off-the-grid lot before so I didn’t know if this was normal or not. It’s very annoying.

Message 3 of 9 (2,538 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@RenegadeKittyOG I also have this bug and I don’t have Eco Lifestyle, so the bug must’ve come with the patch.
Message 4 of 9 (2,500 Views)

★ Guide
@RenegadeKittyOG Same here. It’s getting super annoying :/
Message 5 of 9 (2,487 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just noticed now that it also comes up after being into CAS or plan outfits while being on a off the grid lot.

Message 6 of 9 (2,457 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happening for me.

Every time my Sim leaves the lot and goes elsewhere (not to work as that doesn't involve a loading screen), as soon as she returns home I get the notification that this is an off the grid lot. Doesn't matter how many saves I've had, it happens every time. 

It is really annoying to be told all the time. I think my Sim get's it, she lives with practically no power or water or any appliances, we get that it's off the grid!!!! Don't have to keep rubbing it in Tongue out

Message 7 of 9 (2,424 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing and tbh I suspect it's linked to another bug where my sim gets electricity bills even if she's off-the-grid. I suspect the game counts her using appliances in other lots because it temporarily "forgets" she lives off the grid.

Or maybe not. Either way, I play completely vanilla and get this notification every single time I travel back!

Message 8 of 9 (2,324 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue that triggered the Off-the-Grid notifications after traveling to different Lots in Evergreen Harbor, even when they are not labeled as Off-the-Grid.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

Not 100% sure if this is the correct thread so please let me know if you still see the issue originally posted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,757 Views)