[FIXED] Connections Reward not unlocking items

by reggikko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Connections Reward not unlocking items

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Since the most recent patch, Sims with the Connections reward start careers at Level 4, as they should, but do not get either the bonus pay nor do they unlock the career rewards for levels 2-4. My Sim joined the Science Career and the Chemistry station never did unlock, even after being promoted. Another player tested this for me and she had the same result.

Message 1 of 42 (6,664 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Connections Reward not unlocking items

Hero

• Sims with the Connections reward trait will now receive the lower level career rewards as expected, when joining a new career and getting a career level boost.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36 (hopefully for real this time)

Because of this and because this thread doesn't have the new bug template, I'm going to lock it.

If you still experience this issue, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 42 of 42 (4,506 Views)

All Replies

Re: Connections Reward not unlocking items

Hi @reggikko,

I tested with my game and had the same issue, no rewards unlocking Frown

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 42 (6,583 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Connections Reward not unlocking items

★★ Apprentice

Couldn't find the ME TOO button but that is what I'm finding in my game as well.  Needs fixing.

Message 3 of 42 (6,572 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's also not working for Sims who had an A grade in high school who do not have Connections. They start at level 3, but do not get the bonus salary or career rewards. The levels appear to be tracking properly for the Renaissance Sim aspiration. 

Message 4 of 42 (6,564 Views)

Hero

So they fixed the Renaissance and broke the rest ?

That's nice

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 42 (6,556 Views)

★★★ Novice

In addition to not getting the rewards automatically, I cannot purchase the rewards through building mode. Makes the Connections reward one to avoid, for the time being.  Frown

Message 6 of 42 (6,471 Views)

★ Novice

This is really frustrating... basically the only way to unlock is to use cheats or to have a 'junk' sim(s) that goes through and snags the first couple of levels worth of rewards for all of the careers....

Message 7 of 42 (6,445 Views)

[GTW] Scientists career - Chemistry lab locked while req. fulfilled

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

First of all, sorry if some of the terms I use here are not exactly matching with the EN version of the game (I own a FR one).

The described problem below is based on "Get to work" specifics, even though I also own the last "City living" content and a few other packs.

I have a Sim with the "Connections" reward trait, which helps you start new Careers at level 4.

That Sim then started a "Scientist" job and is now at a higher level (8, Technology pioneer).

Moving her in a new flat, I had the need for a Chemistry Lab, but Construction mode doesn't allow me to place it, telling me the requirement is not fulfilled.

I had to use testingcheats on and off to be able to build the lab.

My guess is that the requirement tree isn't parsed correctly with that particular reward trait.

Best regards

Message 8 of 42 (6,435 Views)

★ Apprentice

As a workaround for some of you facing the issue, you can make temporary use of cheats to get access to your rewards:

Ctrl+Shift+c to access console, then follow these steps (type Enter after each command):

1. testingcheats on
  2. bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement true
  3. -> place your items / get your rewards (you might want to save your game and reload after that)
  4. bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement false
  5. testingcheats off

Hope it helps you with the frustration :D

Message 9 of 42 (6,386 Views)

★★ Novice

even without connections reward trait. One of my sims who didn't have the trait started the writing career at level 3 and didn't get the milton word processor(not sure if having a part time job in his teen years gives him a jump start)  so it seems like the issue is with anything that starts careers any levels ahead

Message 10 of 42 (6,211 Views)