Re: [OPEN] Computer disappears

by avie_inge

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

ShockedThis just happened to me, as well! It was n the same household.  I don't remember what the computers were since this was a house I downloaded from the Gallery, but I do know it wasn't the 2 cheapest computers, nor was it the Ghost Writer Computer.  They also could have been two different types of computers as well.  I do know what kind of desks they were sitting on, though.  The first desk was the "All-purpose Desk" and the second desk was the "Executron Executive Desk".

I clicked on their computer to have them do something and the computer vanished.  It is not in their personal inventory, nor is it in the household inventory.  I do not have CC or Mods.  At least one of the times I had an action queue lined up; (eg. use bathroom, play computer game, sleep, shower).  That time the Sim just went to the bathroom and went to bed and skipped playing the computer, probably because it disappeared when I clicked on it.  So far it has only happened in one household. Do y'all know how to fix it? WonderingThank you! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 41 of 49 (1,099 Views)

Hero

For the moment all you can do is buy a new one.

Or does that also disappear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 49 (1,087 Views)

Champion

@crinrict, so far the computers that I replaced the missing ones with have remained. Standard smile  (I think that even if a person doesn't like playing with cheats, this is a good case to use them, since the game has cheated you out of your computer!) Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 43 of 49 (1,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hd a computer disappear too. In a new game I build a new house in Newcrest, put a computer in the house. It disappeared and I had no notification of anything happening to it (like: was it stolen, is this a feature of gameplay?). The object was the Respecterion mid-range desktop.

It is not in the household inventory, I checked that. I had to replace it by buying a new one.

No mods, no cc, just got the packs Get to work, Get together, City Living (recent) and Dine Out. This happened since installing City Living. That's the last change to my pc and system. I run my pc on Windows 10.

And it only happened once, so far. I don't play that much. Just adding my experience to this,

Message 44 of 49 (1,011 Views)

★ Novice

HI,

this issue has been going on for some years now, and now I am a victim too.

In my first game nothing ever disappeared, but in this (second) game my computer keeps disappearing.

I can buy a new one, and put it on a new desk, after 10 minutes or so its gone again.

I hope you come up with a sollution that works. Having a tech guru sim who has no computer is

kinda lame.

Message 45 of 49 (954 Views)

Hero

HI @avie_inge

could you please create a new thread for me ? This issue doesn't have the bug template to it would be good to have a new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 49 (945 Views)

★ Novice

Hi crinrict.

thanks for your quick reply

Im not that handy on forums. I tried to submit a new thread/report but I was redirected straight to this thread.

So I guess i'll just have to find myself a new job where I dont need a computer for.

thanks anyways

Message 47 of 49 (940 Views)

Hero

That is weird. Maybe because it already exists.

Try using a different title.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 49 (936 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Computer disappears

Hero

Computers will no longer disappear when a Sim attempts to use the "Extract Fossil” interaction.
  • Yep, there was a chance the computer would fade out of existence.

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 49 (6,602 Views)