Re: Computer Disappeared when Extracting Fossil

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Computer Disappeared when Extracting Fossil

Hero

You might wanna consider getting a 64 bit OS but that's better for discussion in your other thread.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 49 (957 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Computer disappears

★★★ Novice

This has happened to me twice today... it's starting to get annoying, especially because i'm also experiencing the grafting glitch when trying to graft plants. 

Message 32 of 49 (908 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @shainamch13 

Does your Sim know anyone with the Kleptomaniac trait?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 49 (893 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, not at all. It has now happened 3 times. It has been just one of the higher-level, but regular computers, I go to use it, and it disappears. 

Message 34 of 49 (883 Views)

Hero

@SimQARobo This issue started happening before klepto was introduced

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 49 (877 Views)

EA Sims Team

Yes, that's true, @crinrict.  I was just asking about Klepto in case this was different than what the original poster described. 

@shainamch13 Would you be willing to share your save files?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 49 (858 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happens to me on a regular basis.... tonight is the 3rd or 4th time its happened since i got the game for christmas. Not even a month old.
Message 37 of 49 (836 Views)

Hero

Which computer disappears ?

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 49 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I see this is still open so I will add my experience.

Computer disappears when excavating fossils or selling collectables
08March2017

Computer disappeared while excavating fossil
Scenario: When selecting action to Excavate Fossil and Sim is using computer the computer vanishes. This has also occurred when selling collectables while at the computer.
No CC / Zero Mods / Game had been repaired just prior to playing.
Notice in the image it verified the fossil had been excavated but shows the computer.
All content and patches to date.

I have had this happen in older saves as well. I do not usually combine the two actions of using computer and selling or excavating items.

Note: Went back into the same save and tested on the two lower level computers. Was not able to duplicate.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 39 of 49 (794 Views)

★ Apprentice

The same thing just  happened to me. I thought I had accidently sold it, my sim had been using it a few minutes before I went into buy/build mode. I was still in that mode when I noticed it was gone, so I undid everything I had done but it didn't come back. so I went to  a previous save the one just before I went into buy/build mode. It wasn't there and it isn't in their family inventory.

Message 40 of 49 (728 Views)