Re: Computer Disappeared when Extracting Fossil

by crinrict

Original Post

Disappearing Computers

★ Apprentice

Hi. I have had at least 10 computers now, in different households, simply disappear. Either I look and it's just not there, or I could have computer actions queued up for a Sim but they wander off to do something else because the computer disappeared sometime between when I queued the action and when they got around to it. I also had a child looking for a spot to do her homework, and the computer disappeared so she sat down and did her homework at the desk. It is really frustrating when the household is just starting and I don't have the money to buy a new computer. I've checked, and they do not go into Household Inventory. They are just gone. It is also not just one model of computer; I have had all of the models disappear at one time or another.

I don't use any CC or mods, and I don't know what MOO is. I have been experiencing this since I had only The Sims 4 installed, but now I have the holiday expansion, Spooky Stuff, and Go To Work.

Thanks,

-Jennifer.

Message 21 of 49 (1,026 Views)

Re: Disappearing Computers

Hero

Hi @Jennifer4Sims

moved your post in here. 

Editing thread accordingly tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 49 (1,016 Views)

Computer Disappeared when Extracting Fossil

★ Apprentice

Hi. I had my Sim queued up to Extract a Fossil and then to Chat on the computer (the 10,000 cost one). Instead, the message popped up on the top right of my screen with the computer icon instead of the Limestone/Fossil icon, gave me the Fossil message, and my computer disappeared. It's not in inventory, it's just gone. I tried a screen print, but for some reason I can't paste it. I think my computer can't handle the graphic. Please let me know if any additional information is needed for this bug.

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Message 23 of 49 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Expert

We do need some more information.

Please follow the steps in THIS POST especially posting your DXDIAG report as instructed in the spoiler.

That post applies to troubleshooting ANY game, not just Dragon Age Inquisition.

Message 24 of 49 (1,015 Views)

★ Apprentice

@DarkAmaranth1966, I have attached the DxDiag I ran yesterday. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Message 25 of 49 (1,010 Views)

Hero

Hi @Jennifer4Sims

I've merged your report with other computer disappearing instances.

Could you post the name of the computer this is occurring on for you ? I can't check on the name right now.

Can you place something different in the place the computer was or does it say there's something there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 49 (993 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict, hi.

I can purchase a new computer and put it where the previous computer was located. The computer was the Ghostwriter Disappearing Desktop. I bet whomever named that one regrets it.  Standard smile

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Message 27 of 49 (980 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Jennifer4Sims

Your graphics drivers are dated 2013. Check with the manufacture of your computer to see if there is an update for those. Just go to their website and look for graphics drivers for your Display Device.

You also have integrated chip graphics, not a stand alone graphics card. Those are not meant for intensive games like TS4. They will sometimes run the game, but only at low settings. If you have not already done so, make sure you are using laptop mode and, the lowest settings possible.

The disapearing computer my have been caused by lag, and updating drivers plus lowest settings might prevent that in the future.

Message 28 of 49 (977 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Yeah, sounds like this issue.

If you can buy a new new one and place it in the same location, it's not a display issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 49 (973 Views)

★ Apprentice

@DarkAmaranth1966, hi. I upgraded my video card and drivers today. Still having issues.My DxDiag now shows that I have the dedicated space to run the game, but it still shows the 2013 date for the driver. I'm wondering if it was installed in the wrong PCI slot. I don't know enough about computers to know. I'm trying to get an answer from Dell, but that is like pulling teeth, only less fun.

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Message 30 of 49 (964 Views)