Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Columns don't fade

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any lot in Brindleton Bay and see if the columns fade in live mode. I haven't tested it in any other world.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not all columns fade when zooming in.
What do you expect to see? Columns to fade when zooming in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tested this again after repairing game and removing my mods folder. Issue still remains. I have a video of the issue as well, if needed. 

Edited to add link to video (google drive): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WnVq52JE8vRJVPN-x9m_lGUK7PQ7Ugc4

Message 1 of 7 (4,682 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Columns don't fade

Hero (Retired)

@Fempirestate87 column fade behavior appears to have been normalized across all columns in the 6/19/18 patch.  Can you please confirm this in your game as well?  Thanks!

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (4,670 Views)

All Replies

Re: Columns don't fade

Hero (Retired)

@Fempirestate87 I also see this issue in my (non-modded) game.  The specific columns that do not fade (or don't fade until the camera is right on top of them) are:

• Experienced Pillar
  • Little Pillar
  • Load-bearing Pillar
  • Op-ed Column
  • Holder Upper Pillar
  • Pillar Q
  • Fossil Pillar
  • Illuminating Pillar
  • Fingerling Pillar
  • Upstanding: A Column of Concern

I will add the issue to our list.

Message 2 of 7 (4,606 Views)

Re: Columns don't fade

★ Apprentice
Thanks!
Message 3 of 7 (4,594 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@Fempirestate87 column fade behavior appears to have been normalized across all columns in the 6/19/18 patch.  Can you please confirm this in your game as well?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (4,671 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes! Columns are fading once more!

Message 5 of 7 (4,452 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I have this issue too, and can't recall what I've had it before. All my columns show in live mode, which is annoying cause I love to build with them. 

No mods. I have all packs installed. 

Message 6 of 7 (4,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CAROLINA747 the columns are supposed to show up in live but fade as the camera nears them.  I've retested the columns, and they all still seem fine, except for the new column from Seasons, the Stand Tall Column.  As this thread was already closed, I will report the issue with the new column in a new bug report and will link it here.

Message 7 of 7 (4,328 Views)