[FIXED] Column's Showing Through Roof

by BreeMiles

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Column's Showing Through Roof

★ Guide

Assuming you want this in here rather than a separate thread--my columns are also poking through ceilings. It's not as bad as the pics going through roofs, but still noticeable, and covering with rugs doesn't hide them.Every column, every wall height. Example here

Message 41 of 107 (1,115 Views)

★ Apprentice

https://i.imgur.com/ZZ92O0X.jpg

I'm having this issue as well. If I delete the stairs it corrects itself.

Message 42 of 107 (1,086 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am at lost to describe what is going on with the columns not displaying their correct height since the last update. Many models were saved and uploaded correctly to the gallery prior the update and  come out wrong when downloaded in the game after the update.Even models in your games come up wrong after the update. Sometime it fixes itself temporarily for diverse apparently unrelated  reasons and also not consequently the same reasons, Last time it once again fixed itself temporarily,  the columns came back to their correct height on ground level but  the stairs on the third and fourth levels disappeared. This has become time consuming and unplayable. I quit. trying to clean this mess up. It  is like a magician playing with you... no! no more.

Message 43 of 107 (1,050 Views)

★★ Novice

I have same problem placing the columns, this is so weird....

Message 44 of 107 (1,049 Views)

★ Apprentice

You can fix them but every time you load your game you have to fix them again. So I gave it up.

We need a final solution!

Message 45 of 107 (1,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I removed a mod by Plasticbox that hides the CC wrench icon and repaired my game and that worked for me.

Message 46 of 107 (1,024 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SpellCzechMe unforunately, I don't have that mod, so it's something else for me Frown

Message 47 of 107 (980 Views)

★★ Pro

Quote VIA TWITTER: SimGuruNick (@ SimGuruNick)

"Having issues with column heights always being Medium height? Draw a free-standing wall on your lot and it should snap all the columns on your lot back to being the proper height. Thanks for all the reports everyone, our team is investigating Standard smile"

Message 48 of 107 (969 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrictBreeMiles Happened to me in a house in Sulani. And my sims were trapped upstairs because they couldn't traverse the stairs because of the columns at the end. Removing the columns resolved it.
Message 49 of 107 (929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I noticed this glitch too and was pretty annoyed. I figured out a temporary solution until the bug fix comes out. It's a bit of extra work, but it's a way around it. I'm not sure if it works for first floor rooms but it works on second-floors. I'm not the best builder but as you can see in the pictures, I can't even place them on the second-floor corners like I'm trying to. What I ended up doing was deleting the walls on the corners (ex, picture two) and placed the columns. They show through the roof until you replace the wall, then, it auto solves to the regular height. For the first floor, as someone mentioned above, put all your columns down, then adjust the height of the walls to medium height (the middle option). Then adjust it back to normal. Hope this helps. 

Message 50 of 107 (899 Views)