[FIXED] Column's Showing Through Roof

by BreeMiles

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Column's Showing Through Roof

★★ Novice

Problem with all the changing walls, height of building etc is that it only works on current builds.  I have several house that are made by others that I downloaded from the gallery and I am having the pillar issue with those as well.  I can't go in and fix those since a) not my build and b)don't know what all they did in the first place to make these houses.

Message 91 of 107 (786 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had this and also the reverse of this; when trying to use the medium height wall, the columns/pillars wouldn't reach the ceiling. Frown 

Message 92 of 107 (757 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick The Vampire Manor from AndrewsArcade does it on the Large Vaulted Victorian Chandelier on the first and second floor. That's the house's original owner.
Message 93 of 107 (754 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Same problem, it's super-annoying.

Message 94 of 107 (748 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA is playing a game and is winning hands down.

Message 95 of 107 (739 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Anglais
How often does the bug occur? Always
What is your current game version number? Latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs are installed
Steps: Visit the house with columns, built prior to this patch
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I visit the house with columns, the column's top is visible on the upper floor.
What do you expect to see? Columns do not go through the upper floor
Have you installed any customisation with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Just MCCC and some poses and clothes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made: September Patch 9/5/2019

Message 96 of 107 (644 Views)

★ Novice

Workaround for me that worked even with houses downloaded from creator : Adding a wall/fundation at every level with column.

Issue : it come back next time I restart game.

I don't know how they could miss a bug that obvious, even when they had to create new houses for the new pack.

Message 97 of 107 (604 Views)

★★ Novice

Apparently they have been making a lot of "mistakes" lately, just watched a vid about some of the issues with the EA builds in the new world that comes with spellcaster and some of the issues in a couple of previous expacs

Message 98 of 107 (599 Views)

★ Apprentice

Place all of your columns then raise and lower your foundation. It should put them in their proper place

Message 99 of 107 (592 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheZooQueen1973 It doesn't stick. I've fixed them a number of times but after a while, they keep reverting. Columns are basically useless at the moment.
Message 100 of 107 (578 Views)