Re: [OPEN] Column's Showing Through Roof

by SweetieWright_84

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Not just happening to columns, also happening to chandeliers. It's all related to the same problem.

They don't see the floor on low level rooms. I think something got messed up on their basement floor fix.

Raising the floor level up and then down again in Build/Buy resets it all, columns as well, but it doesn't last. It comes back after a while.

09-11-19_8-19-08 AM.png

Message 81 of 107 (843 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Column's Showing Through Roof

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @skittles23o51ox, sorry for the late reply, thank you for informing me, let’s hope a fix comes soon! It is indeed annoying.

Message 82 of 107 (830 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @ruralfpsgamer, thanks for the update, I’ll look out for this issue too.

Message 83 of 107 (829 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @ruralfpsgamer could you upload a lot to the Gallery where you're having issues with chandeliers? Thanks for the help! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 84 of 107 (772 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Column's Showing Through Roof

★★ Novice
@Jeaohn I noticed this for the first time last night, I thought it was me until I went to look at a few houses I had downloaded from the gallery and they all have the same issue
Message 85 of 107 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There are a few workarounds:

• Draw walls and then delete them.
  • Recolor the column. You don't have to actually change the color click the selected swatch. 
  • You can also raise the foundation and then undo it and it should work. I use this one because it fixes all of them at once. 
Message 86 of 107 (696 Views)

The column[Pillar] has through on upper floor

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest after update realm of magic
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions Game pack left only parent hood and strange ville stuff have all free stuff / butler / laundry day/ spooky / patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? build house 2 floor and set pillar column in 1st floor
What happens when the bug occurs? the column at 1st floor has though on 2nd floor and pillar column in 2nd has though on 3rd floor or can say the column will tthough on upper floor
What do you expect to see? Fix it please it so annoying and I feel It very very abnormal and weird!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Disable all mode and play again issue still happen

1-47 is 1st floor image to show the position of  the column[Pillar] has build[set]
1-42 is 2nd floor image to show you to see the point or location that the column has though up!

for now I find emergency way for fix this issue by change heigh of the wall from medium to low level and use undo tool the column that though on has fix for the moment BUT!! when I travel some map or some othe zone in same map and back home lot again the issue is happen again and again.

Message 87 of 107 (685 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SweetieWright_84 You do not need to build a wall or a fence, just pretend to build at least one segment and come back on your track with the wall or fence tool and all the columns will show the intended height on that floor and at times through the entire build, If not repeat the action on the other floors. But bear in mind the problem will come back when you load the build again.
Message 88 of 107 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Jeaohn You don't even have to do that. You can just move the foundation up and then undo it. It fixes it all at once.I was just listing the things I knew worked for others. I think the most efficient way is the foundation because it does it all at once. Unlike changing the color of each individual column.
Message 89 of 107 (645 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm on windows PC.

Message 90 of 107 (624 Views)