Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Column's Showing Through Roof

by Jeaohn

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Column's Showing Through Roof

★★ Guide

Are EA aware of this problem? It's another game breaking problem and I would advise all builders to refuse to buy the new Pack on Tuesday untll this is fixed.

Kind regards James.

Message 71 of 107 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@CiTob1899 you'd need to do this every time you load on to any lot with pillars though, I just tested this on one of my lots and when I loaded the lot back up after fixing it they were all bugged out again
Message 72 of 107 (1,035 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

From what i understand all  models ( builts)  with columns will load with improper column height in your games. If your built has fences and columns, an easy temporary fix  (the bug will come back  when you load your built again)  is to designate with the dropper a segment of a  fence and with the fence tool build a segment of the fence over itself;  this should bring the columns to their proper height on that floor. This has to be done for each floor that has columns.

09-09-19_3-28-54 PM a.png

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 73 of 107 (976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes...ea is aware of the bug.

Message 74 of 107 (955 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Jeaohn another good idea but won't help simmers who go from lot to lot many times in a single game session, we'd spend the whole time fixing these pillars rather than playing the game.. good tip for those who's sims don't travel much though
Message 75 of 107 (918 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

This is true, if the controlled Sim(s) is(are) visiting, the build mode is not available. Those that chose to keep playing the game will have to suffer the defect for the time being. This underline the importance that a fix be provided.

Message 76 of 107 (901 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well. 

Just noticed it when I loaded up the game after adding the new recent GP. I'm in the middle of building a new mansion and every column/pillar I place isn't adjusted properly to any of my wall heights. Its like someone else said - they're all defaulting to the middle height.

Before you click to confirm column placement  it will show the correct height in correlation with the wall; however, as soon as you click to place it the column reverts to middle wall height. 

I've included a screenshot of how it looks on my end in particular. For me I'm currently utilizing the tallest wall for all floors and the columns don't fully reach the ceilings. 

*I'll also note that changing the color/design of the column also causes it to snap to the correct height. 

Issue.JPG

Message 77 of 107 (840 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I also have the same issue, the columns are all defaulting to the middle height.

Message 78 of 107 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrictBreeMiles I observed the same problem, just in the basement. I had those columns standing in the basement for a while now, but after the latest patch I noticed these strange structures in my garden, turns out it's the columns!
Message 79 of 107 (805 Views)

★★ Guide

EA when is this going to be fixed?

Kind regards James

Message 80 of 107 (793 Views)