Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Column's Showing Through Roof

by MickRonson

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

There may be more that one column bug, but the one I am referring to is the one that comes up when you load a built in your game and it shows extended columns. This seems to be happening for every built that has columns. There are many temporary fixes. However after the built being fixed is saved and brought back into the game the columns will again come up the wrong size.

09-08-19_2-25-11 PM a.png

Message 61 of 107 (821 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Bluebellflora, I also see this on my Mac when I build and goes to medium mode, re-colouring the columns should fix it for now until a patch comes along. 🙂

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rVvK0FoSpOzxJ2i3iu0N-fnucuxnOLWS/view?usp=drivesdk

Message 62 of 107 (817 Views)

@CiTob1899

Another workaround - thanks!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 63 of 107 (803 Views)

★★ Guide

Yet again they fix the basement problem and produce another with the Pillar height. All my builds are suffering from this problem now. I will not be buying the latest Pack on the 10th October.

Totally fed up with EA's incompetance

Kind regards James.

Message 64 of 107 (799 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Bluebellflora, your very welcome. 🙂

Message 65 of 107 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

I have managed to fix  this on my latest build. Set the rooms at Medium Height place the Pillars and then reduce to Low height and the Pillars seem to follow. I will have to remove all my builds from the Gallery until this is fixed because not everybody will be able to fix it unless they are familiar with Build mode. 

Kind regards James.

Not Fixed

Edit to add: Doing as I have mentioned above means Stairs have to re-done.

Update: Unfortunately the Pillars go back to the same larger size you when you reload the Game.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 66 of 107 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THIS WORKED!  I am doing a complicated victorian farmhouse build and needed those darn pillars to not stick through the roof!  Thanks for the tip.

Message 67 of 107 (711 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Column's Showing Through Roof

★★★★★ Novice

09-08-19_10-58-15 PM.png09-08-19_11-01-18 PM.png.jpg

I am also having this issue on every single one of my lots now immediately following the mandatory 9/05 patch. Interesting that if you pick up and hold a column in place in build mode it will show correctly, but as soon as you place it, it shortens or lengthens. Changing the foundation level corrects the columns until you leave the lot. Obviously doing this every time I enter a lot is a non-solution.

Message 68 of 107 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue with the columns in my game... hoping it will get fixed soon. 

Message 69 of 107 (680 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 70 of 107 (656 Views)