Re: [OPEN] Column's Showing Through Roof

by CellyLeonel

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
I'm having the same problem on PC, but even on builds with medium height walls the columns are peeking through the floor. It appears to have an actual footprint and not just be a glitch, as I can't place anything on the floor where it peeks through. Changing wall height then pressing undo seems to make the game realize it's messing up and fix the column heights.

I'm on PC (Windows 8.1) and using the latest patch for Sims 4, downloaded last night through Origin. I only have a few packs (Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Parenthood, Vampires, My First Pet, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Holiday, Grimm's Guitar), all installed. Though I play with a plethora of mods, I tested the game with mods disabled and the problem persists. The 'fix' appears to only work for the current gaming session.
Message 51 of 107 (1,471 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I've cleaned the sims 4 folder and left only the saves, tray, mods (updated) folders and the options.ini file. I don't know why but all my houses now have the columns at the right height.. New columns still have the bug so I will wait a real fix before building again.. Raised eyebrow

Message 52 of 107 (1,445 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You see a built you like in the gallery (library) and it looks good but once you bring it into your game the columns' height is incorrect . It seems that pointing the wall or fence tool at a wall or fence on the floor level where the faulty columns are located and releasing it without building a wall or fence will correct the problem with all the columns on that floor.

Column bug.png

09-07-19_7-04-10 PM b.png

Message 53 of 107 (1,415 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Column's Showing Through Roof

★★★ Newbie

It's driving me nuts, it got fixed when I placed walls in between the columns, then replaced it with fences, opened the lot later and every freaking column turned to medium height, tried again what I did first, and to did not work. The worst part is that when I re-opened my lot later, every freaking column in the lot was taller...

I ended up deleting each one of them 'cause it was making me really mad....

The Sims used to be my "therapy", now it's making me mad...

Message 54 of 107 (1,386 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Column's Showing Through Roof

★★ Pro

Hi all.. watched a recent James Turner aka Sims Supply video where he describes 'toggling the color' of the columns also may work.. jump to 7 mins along Thumbs up

Sasha

I have no connection to EA Star

Message 55 of 107 (1,360 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too! My sims couldn't get to certain areas of my restaurant so I've had to delete them all Frown

Message 56 of 107 (1,342 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrictBreeMiles If you just delete the wall the column is attached to and replace it again it fixes itself!
Message 57 of 107 (1,319 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have te same problem, with and without CC downloaded. My game is completely up to date and I only have City Living and the free Holiday pack.

screenshot column problem-2

screenshot column problem-1

Message 58 of 107 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Very simple solution. Place your pillars where you want them. Click on your foundation and the vertical double arrow that raises and lowers your foundation. Pillars and post will then behave and move where they should be (below your roof of floor) when you put the foundation back to the height you want it. :-)

Message 59 of 107 (1,275 Views)

[OPEN] Columns Clipping Through Floor

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Backyard, Cool Kitchen, Laundry Day, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, Holiday.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a room and add a second floor. Place a column on the first floor and go to the second floor, when you move the camera around the you should notice the column(s) clipping through the floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? The column that you have placed on the first floor seems to grow slightly and clip through to the second floor, it's especially noticeable when you move the camera around.
What do you expect to see? The columns shouldn't clip through the flooring and should only be visible on the floor you placed them on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This big appeared after the most recent patch on 9/5/19 for The Sims 4.

Here's a video I took of the bug occurring.

Message 60 of 107 (1,280 Views)