Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Column's Showing Through Roof

by SassiLassi

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

This appears to be more of a problem than just columns.  When downloading rooms with tall walls from the gallery, they show up with short walls, deleting anything that was included on the taller part of the wall.

Message 11 of 107 (1,488 Views)

@SassiLassi

Could you create a new bug report for this please? Although similar it is a different issue Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 107 (1,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SassiLassi Was this different before ? Do you already have other rooms that have other sized rooms ? Does that change if you set the wall to tall before you place a room ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 107 (1,466 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict OK, I'm having trouble duplicating this. I've never noticed this before, but playing with it, I find that I can put a tall wall on the lot before placing the download, and the room will show up tall. But I don't see why it would shorten the wall on an empty lot. Maybe it's always been this way, I've just never had this problem before.
Message 14 of 107 (1,448 Views)

Hero
@SassiLassi Maybe the lot just has a default height.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 107 (1,444 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Column's Showing Through Roof

★★★ Novice

Having the same issue after the Sep 5th patch! 

Message 16 of 107 (1,443 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Column's Showing Through Roof

★ Novice

I have this issue too. I thought it was just something to do with trying to place a column near my new, sparkly L-shaped stairs, but then I found it was also an issue in already completed builds. The fence workaround seems to be working.

Message 17 of 107 (1,430 Views)

★★ Novice

I see this as well! I've had it in multiple worlds.

Message 18 of 107 (1,417 Views)

Poles broke since update.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all game packs, stuff packs and expansions. except for Toddler stuff, Kids stuff, luxury party, cool kitchen, moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? on a small wall height, place any pole on a wall or on it's own.
What happens when the bug occurs? and when you place it the pole will suddenly jump up and gain length by a bit. happened every time with and without cc and mods installed.
What do you expect to see? poles staying as they are instead of suddenly gaining length when placed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after the new configurable stairs + anniversary update came out.

So I was super excited to play the new update so I went and built a house. but I've noticed theres a glitch with the poles so when you snap them to a corner to act like sidings they'll suddenly gain a bit of length. and it's quite frustrating :/ they worked completely fine before. no issues at all. (I've tried on multiple poles that are the right height for the building, still didn't work) I'm almost sure it's an issue that has to do with the update as I've built many houses in the past few days with this exact pole and it worked completely fine.

(I disabled all mods and cc to try this but this happens every time)

Link to gif: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qcSxMpALlbN92FwogcaWbQP2j0NPP81f/view?usp=sharing 

please tell me if you find any issues when trying to view, I'll get a new one up.

Message 19 of 107 (1,345 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Miss_Funilla wrote:

If you change the size of a room, the columns change to the right height as well (as a simple workaround for now) Standard smile

This hasn’t worked for me, they switch back if I try to add another or move things around 

Message 20 of 107 (1,398 Views)