Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

by k3llybean

Original Post

Hero
@k3llybean How did you split your family and which part lost the collection ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 31 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So I had two sims age-up to young adult in the "Main" household.  One got married and moved out of the Main household and into his wife's house after the wedding event ended.  This did not impact the collections.  Then moved the other sim (his brother) out of the Main household to his own apartment via Manage Households and all of the collections in the Main household reset.

All of the items remained in the Main household (the sim who moved out hadn't found any of the items and didn't have any in his inventory) but in order for them to be "recognized" again I had to move each object into a sim's inventory.  Simply having the items on the lot or even in household inventory didn't seem to be enough for the item to be counted.  For one item (the metal Furium from GTW) no matter what I did I couldn't get the game to recognize it.  (Adding to sim inventory, adding to household inventory, cloning the item, etc.)  I was finally able to get it to register by having one sim gift it to another in the household.

Edit to add/wonder out loud if the issue is only with children moving out via Manage Households?  I ask because the mom sim in the Main household is working on the black widow achievement and after her spouses die I've had her friend the ghost, ask the ghost to move in, and then I immediately move the ghost into a "Main Former Spouse (RIP)" household.  So far she's moved out four ghost spouses via Manage Households and it hasn't reset the collections but the collections have been reset maybe 3 or 4 times total in that house when her children have moved out.

Message 22 of 31 (1,131 Views)

Hero
@k3llybean Do you happen to have a backup from before it happened ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 31 (1,129 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Definitely.  Though I played a bit in the game before I noticed the collections issue so I didn't revert to the old save file.  I have Apple Time Machine though so I've got every copy of every saved game since I started playing Standard smile

Message 24 of 31 (1,124 Views)

Hero
@k3llybean Would you mind sending me the most recent one from before the move ?

Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 31 (1,114 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can do!  I need to be on my home network to pull it so I'll send it over first thing tomorrow morning if that's alright?  Thanks for looking into it!

Message 26 of 31 (1,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It appears my issue has flipped. Originally, after moving a sim out the original household would have all collection items reset even completed ones. Upon visiting the new sim household, I found that they still had everything marked down even incomplete collections even though all items were left at the original house.

Now, when moving a sim out, my original household keeps their collection statuses (yay!) And the moved out sim starts over with theirs. Even with the completed collections too which kind of sucks but hey I'll take the win. The spot that I'm mainly doing the collecting, has not been resetting after a move out. 

And for the moved out sim I understand they're supposed to start over since its a new household. But I thought they kept any completed collection status? I'm just wondering, like I said this is a win for me since I've been playing through generations but I move them into the same house and move the kids out at adult so eventually I'll come around to the others and move them back in to play anyways. But anyways yea was just wondering, like I said, I'll take the win. My main household isn't resetting anymore and I don't have to restock everything after every move!!! 😁😁😁

Oh moved out 2 sims and it also stayed in tact.

Oh and P.S. mine were all children of the sims being moved out. They had grown to young adult, but they were children of the family living there. So I can say she might actually be on to something there, because up until recently for me it reset every time. And I haven't tried with a non child yet but since its been fixed for me I don't think I could try it now with proper results.

Message 27 of 31 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I moved my household consisting on one Sim and her cat to Sulani. I then moved her cat into her daughter's household. Her entire collection reset. She had all the plants except IL and all the fish except Captain Fishbones and IL. She had completed the fishing aspiration.

She has a large garden on one of her retail lots. I had her live there for awhile and harvest some plants. The garden collection data started to fill back up. She traveled home and it reset. Devil

I sent her fishing in Sylvan Glade. When she got home her collections had reset.

I often use manage household split to move pets or grandchildren between households. E.G. I move the grandchildren into the grandparents household and they all go camping in GF. Or a family pet might visit. Never had a problem with this resetting my collections before.

Usually I just ignore the collection glitches, but this total reset is really disheartening. 

Message 28 of 31 (1,039 Views)

Hero
@DizzyDee-K Could you please create a new thread ? A few changes seem to have been done so a new one would be better to get an accurate count.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 31 (1,037 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:
@DizzyDee-KCould you please create a new thread ? A few changes seem to have been done so a new one would be better to get an accurate count.

I started a new thread and added new info to my post here. 

Big storm is making my internet spotty. Was getting tired of typing.

Message 30 of 31 (1,028 Views)