Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. At the time of writing this the Laundry Day is the latest (and is installed).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with some progress in a collection. Cheat-add townies to the household. Go to Manage Households and move the townies to their own household. Go back to the household to see that the collections have been reset to zero (including all the related aspiration progress). Notebook, however, still keeps track of for example the caught fish.
What happens when the bug occurs? The collections are reset to zero-found.
What do you expect to see? The household's collection progress staying intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I recently added two townies to my household through the cheat, just to remove them into their own households in Manage Households. I did it like this because they did not appear in Manage Households at all for some reason, so the only way to favorite them was to do this. Afterwards I noticed that the household's collections had been reset to zero (including Aspiration progress). Notebook did still stay true and listed the caught fish. I searched here and in the Sims 4 forums and found several forum threads about the same problem, but no official bug report. My situation definitely involved using a cheat, but at least one of the other people with the problem said they were simply removing a grown-up child away from home, no cheats involved. The reports were from a long period, so this is not related to any recent changes. It doesn't happen all the time, or if it does, I haven't noticed it before.

Message 1 of 31 (4,894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The issue appears to have been resolved in the recent update, as far as I can tell at least. My collections so far have not been resetting when I move one sim out of the household, I have not tried multiple however. But I do believe it has been resolved.

I did edit in my version number later but it looks like it never saved. Now I can't find what it was, it for sure was in the auto complete then and isn't now so unfortunately that's lost. But since the recent update that went through I haven't had problems with it disappearing after moving a sim out, or just randomly disappearing for no reason at all. 

View in thread

Message 19 of 31 (5,933 Views)

All Replies

Re: Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

Hero

Hi @Lumiasta

older reports are mostly not relevant as there have been many changes made to this.

Could you try without cheats please ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (4,832 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

I can't reproduce this issue @Lumiasta, did it happen without mods as well?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 31 (4,799 Views)

★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717I don't have any mods or custom content at the moment. I did a couple of tests. First, as the family was in Willow Creek Park, I cheat-added a sim to the household and then removed it in Manage Household. This did not reset the collections at all, everything was fine. Then I traveled to their home lot in Brindleton Bay with two townies, added the townies to the family with the cheat once there, and removed them in Manage Households, and now it did reset the collections. So it's not happening every time, but definitely does happen without any mods. 

In case it's relevant at all, the family lives in Brindleton Bay, Whiskerman's Wharf, in the non-lounge 40x30 lot. The first actual reset also happened there.

Message 4 of 31 (4,792 Views)

Re: Collections Reset on Manage Households Split

★★ Guide

@crinrict I tested a couple of things for this. First, I tried just removing their teenage daughter to her own household. This did not reset collections. Then I logged on another family (since the main family for this is new and isn't that great friends yet with many other sims) and asked two sims to move in with them. Without cheats, through the actual 'ask to move in' interaction and the follow-up Manage Households window. After they had moved in, I removed them with Manage Households again and this did trigger the collection reset. No cheats involved whatsoever. 

At this point I started to suspect that removing more than one sim is the thing that triggers it, so I logged on a family with a lot of members and removed three of them in Manage Households, and tadaa: collections were reset! These sims have been all created together and they're a very old family, my first one for the whole game when it was first released, so definitely has nothing to do with if or how the sims were added into the family, simply that there was more than one sim removed from the household.

Message 5 of 31 (4,786 Views)

I'm a bit confused. You travelled with the townies to the home lot of the family and added them to the family of the townies?
I tried the other way around, travel with the family to the townie to add them to the family, and couldn't reproduce.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 31 (4,753 Views)

Hero

@Lumiasta Is the adding a vital part of your testing ? Just removing doesn't reset the collection (for the old family). The split family won't have a collection, that's always been this way and is AD. What should stay intact is the collection for the household that you split from.

Do you also have to do the traveling or is simply splitting through the household manager enough ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (4,713 Views)

Hero
Tagging @Lumiasta for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (4,693 Views)

Hero
@Lumiasta

Could you give us more info ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 31 (4,675 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Lumiasta

Yes, as Crin said, we would need a bit more info. 

I also want to ask you a few questions if you are willing to answer. 

Where are the collectibles during the merge (inventory or placed on the lot)? Does this involve "The Curator" aspiration? Does progress in the aspiration reset?

Message 10 of 31 (4,625 Views)