Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Unable to drag objects from inventory after ordering groceries

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date (1.89.214.1030)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living GP: Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves SP: Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Order something from the grocery service. 2) Put the grocery bag into your inventory, if possible. This already bugged out for me here. When trying to move it, it started floating in mid-air instead, only giving me the option to place it in the world, even though it already was. I had to move the bag to the household inventory and then manually on a counter to be able to access the items inside. 3) Try to drag other items out of your inventory (type doesn't matter).
What happens when the bug occurs? Items cannot be dragged out of the inventory. A weird visual bug happens (see attached picture).
What do you expect to see? To be able to drag items from the inventory into other containers like a fridge to store them or prevent them from spoiling. Also to be able to sell them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Comment: I unfortunately cannot attach any saves due to not having any access to a Google Drive or similar services. Clicking on „repair game“ fixed it, but that shouldn't have happened in the first place, so I'm looking less for a solution than wanting to merely report a possibly returning bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 4 (1,723 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CoL] Unable to drag objects from inventory after ordering groceries

Hero

Looks like this got ninja fixed in either of the last patches.

Let me know if you still have issues

Marking this as Fixed. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,226 Views)

All Replies

goldbloom grocery bag bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, laundry day stuff, get famous, nifty knitting stuff pack, get to work, tiny living, dream home decorator, holiday celebration pack, discover university, island living, blooming rooms kit, cottage living, dine out, my first pet stuff, bowling night stuff, movie hangout stuff, cats & dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? order a grocery delivery from phone, when you accept the delivery, choose "put in inventory" from the choice wheel.
What happens when the bug occurs? sim resets, the grocery bag gets stuck in place in both live mode and build mode and only gives you "add to favorites" and "put in inventory" options
What do you expect to see? the grocery bag actually going in the inventory with no glitch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

video of the bug that happens after pressing put in inventory

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lExekIPsLM6SuRSC81kxF7cdw5adP6vN/view?usp=sharing

Message 2 of 4 (1,641 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am just experiencing this issue myself, and it was predicated by trying to place a grocery bag within my sim's inventory. I selected the bag and chose "unpack into inventory"; MCC came up with an error, and from that point on the bag itself had no options, other than "add to favorites". I tried deleting the bag - which got rid of it but not the problem.

My sims' inventory and the inventories of all other sims in the game are glitched with the same visual problem. The icon looks as if it copies itself, but cannot be moved. It is exact to your picture.

What is most concerning is that all game saves, even ones I have not touched in months are now affected. 

I have never unloaded a grocery bag into my inventory before; always straight into the fridge. This time the (sole) unfortunate exception. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,508 Views)

Hero

Looks like this got ninja fixed in either of the last patches.

Let me know if you still have issues

Marking this as Fixed. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,227 Views)