Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Incorrect Gender Flag on Pants/Pants look bad on female frame

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the CAS items from the new Cottage Living Expansion.
What happens when the bug occurs? A pair of pants are tagged for the wrong gender.
What do you expect to see? The pants should be tagged as masculine fashion by default, and not as feminine fashion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Cottage Living.

There is a pair of pants that come with the new Cottage Living pack that appear to be flagged as the wrong gender. The pants currently show up as a feminine fashion choice, but they look noticeably distorted like all automatic gender conversions in the game.

The pants do not show up as a masculine fashion choice by default, but they look completely fine on male sims - no distortion.

This leads me to believe the pants were made for male sims and incorrectly flagged as a feminine default, rather than masculine.

You can see a comparison of the pants on a female sim vs on a male sim in my attached screenshot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 11 (4,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Incorrect Gender Flag on Pants/Pants look bad on female frame

Hero

Pants ymBottom_EP11PantsCorduroy_SolidGinger should now properly appear when selecting the masculine filter. We also updated the fit on feminine frames.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

I'm not sure about the Incheon Arrivals Kit pants. they still look bad but seems to be tagged by default for both genders.

There's a collection thread for pants looking bad here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pants-on-feminine-male-weird-crotch-Patch-1-77/m-p/103399... so please use that for those pants. Not sure if the tag is a bug or not. Might need a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (2,092 Views)

All Replies

Cottage Living Pants

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Bust the Dust kit and My First Pet STuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS with the Cottage Living female pants.
What happens when the bug occurs? The front of one pair of the new Cottage Living female pants (adult) is concave in the front crotch area.
What do you expect to see? Smooth textures.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims 4 Bug.jpg

This image explains it better than I can, I think.  This is the only thing that seems to be having issues.  It's the same with all swatches.

Message 1 of 11 (4,436 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Pants

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh my god, i came here to report the exact same issue! it looks so bad. please EA fix it....Frown I have no mods and no cc. game is up to date... 

Message 3 of 11 (4,322 Views)

Cottage Living CAS bug

★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.77.121.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs, all game packs except journey to batu. stuff packs i have paranormal stuff pack, moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in CAS specifically cottage living clothes section, ladies trousers.
What happens when the bug occurs? it looks like there is a hole in the crotch..like the mesh of the trousers is unfinished
What do you expect to see? smooth finish, no hole in the crotch..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this already came with cottage living expansion pack

have a look how strange these trousers look, there is a hole in the crotch...Disappointed  please EA fix it... they also look very saggy in the back.. like this was made for masculine build and it doesnt fit for the feminine build..

Message 4 of 11 (4,333 Views)

Re: Cottage Living CAS bug

★ Guide

These pants are literally unusable. Frown I hope this will be patched soon.

Message 5 of 11 (4,240 Views)

Re: [CoL] Incorrect Gender Flag on Pants/Pants look bad on female frame

★★★ Novice

The fact this still hasn't been patched... and the denim jacket from Dream Home Decorator

Message 6 of 11 (4,188 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@F4vriel I know right?? This makes me mad just by thinking how much money people spend on this game and EA allows themselves to make mistakes like this.
Message 7 of 11 (4,180 Views)

★★ Pro

this is not huge compared to some of the other bugs but I'd reckon it'd be pretty fast to fix so I hope this one gets patched up soon. It's kind of unfortunate bc at least I forget that these trousers exist if they're under wrong gender tag so none of my male sims get to sport this new clothing piece either.. :D

Message 8 of 11 (4,156 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@bizuktag Yes! I thought the pants were just buggy because the crotch is all sunken in. It never occurred to me to try them on male sims, good thinking
Message 9 of 11 (4,116 Views)

★★ Novice

There is also an incorrect flag for one of the pairs of pants that came with the Incheon Arrivals Kit.

Message 10 of 11 (4,033 Views)