Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] High value entries loose at the fair over lower ones

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except star wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Submit highest quality/rarity animal or product to finchwick fair competition
What happens when the bug occurs? despite being high quality/rarity in a competition with 2 other entries sim ends up with a participation instead of a higher placement
What do you expect to see? less rng based competition, more influence over results based on quality/rarity
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

attached video link shows an excellent quality begonia beside 2 normal quality entries, and a banana cream pie, also excellent quality beside 2 normal quality entries.  Both earn participation instead of expected higher placement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckX0GvsuWGA

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 25 (5,491 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] High value entries loose at the fair over lower ones

Hero

Are you going to the Finchwich Fair? Crops, Llamas, Cows, and Chickens… Sims that submit high value items to the Fair will now have a better chance at winning First Place. Remember me to one in Finchwich Fair… he was once a true love of mine.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (2,851 Views)

All Replies

Re: Competitions not fair

★★ Apprentice

Same here, but also I don’t receive anything for the secondary contests. Not even a participation reward for things like wool, eggs, milk, or pies. 

Message 2 of 25 (5,436 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

similar problem.

i have a family with tree sisters, all of them have they own cow, they submited the cows to check who win, but all three getet the third place and the third place ribbon, at the same time.

also, the secondary competition (milk for example) don't have a result, nothing happens.

Message 3 of 25 (5,362 Views)

★ Guide

Fairs are so glitched..... I've lost my golden wool during one. Not to mention it didn't win. Just nothing won because fair just disappeared. It was during a seasons' holiday (new year's eve), so that might be the case.
Tried again (did not save the first try) and my wool was third place, when it was competing with 2x normal quality white wool. Riddic.

Message 4 of 25 (5,352 Views)

Re: [CoL] High value entries loose at the fair over lower ones

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this bug in a way as well. Though my animals, no matter the rarity, always win. I think it's to do with happiness mostly (I only submit "very happy" animals), so I think that works as intended.

Oversized crop competition seems to work too, I've been able to win it everytime with a excellent - perfect oversized crop.

However, I have not have been able to win a single "secondary" competition. Just now I submitted an excellent golden egg to the egg competition, and didn't even place xD

Same with pies, garden, milk & wool. My sim has 10 lvl cooking & the "stoves and grills master" reward trait, and her pies never even place. Submitted excellent obisidian milk & rainbow wool and both came third. My perfect orchid also received a participation ribbon :D

I have not lost any items at the competitions though, all have been placed in my household inventory after the fail anti-climactically fades away.

Message 5 of 25 (5,331 Views)

Re: [CoL] High value entries loose at the fair over lower ones

★★ Guide

Same on XB1

at one point I even submitted two entries: Mom submited 1 exelant blue egg and the daughter an exellant green egg, there was only one other entry by an NPC which was a normal egg of normal quality, not only did neither of my sims win they didnt even receive a consulation price or ribbon plus the mayor never even looked at ANY entries.

Message 6 of 25 (5,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@epaorRelatable, I lost my Golden Honey Milk ): It was during New Year’s eve, but I did get first place for my cow and second for my milk ( though it definitely deserved first. I don’t know if it’s a bug or a mechanic, but my rare excellent milk got second place competing with a common normal, and uncommon normal ) I got my cow back, but not my precious milk

Message 7 of 25 (5,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This was in another thread somewhere, but everyone check your household inventory. I thought I lost my mysterious mushrooms (I entered ONE but the whole stack was gone!), but they were all in my household inventory. Good luck!!!

Edit: You may need to exit and reopen the game. 

Message 8 of 25 (5,232 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] High value entries loose at the fair over lower ones

★★★★ Apprentice

I submitted a pie, and I was the only one to submit a pie, and I received  a "participation reward," and the pie disappeared after the competition. At the same time, I also submitted a mushroom, which received a participation reward despite being high quality compared to competition, but I did get my mushroom in my household inventory after returning home. Just the pie disappeared. 

I would be okay with a bit of RNG for the competitors to also submit high quality items if it makes it more fair, but what's the point of the competition if only 1-2 sims "compete" and I never win even if I'm the only contestant?

Message 9 of 25 (5,176 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I always check my household inventory because I noticed that's where my pies go, but my milk wasn't there, or in my inventory. It was just gone. I restarted my game and everything, my precious golden honey milk is gone forever ;w; It's okay, I can always make more! I'm more concerned with the fact that my pies never place, nor even get a participation medal, despite being higher quality than the competitors. Annnd, with harvestables always getting participation medals despite being grand rarity and quality up against normal common flowers and stuff 

Message 10 of 25 (5,152 Views)