Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Cow stuck in inventory after fair

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cow. Put it in your inventory and enter it into the Finchwick Fair livestock competition. Wait for the Festival to end.
What happens when the bug occurs? Text says the cow will be returned to my household inventory, but it's returned to my sim's personal inventory instead.
What do you expect to see? The dialog to tell me correctly which inventory she's in
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New feature with this pack/patch

Congratulations! I have the best cow in the festival! Only once I got home she's in my personal inventory instead of the household inventory, and it's not obvious how to get her back in her shed. (I have to click the shed and assign animal, but that's not clear from the messages.) At the very least I expect the text to match what happens in the game.

Not sure of frequency, this is my first livestock entry but since it's a text message I assume it's 100%.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.38.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.38.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.38.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.38.55 AM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 17 (12,736 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CoL] Can't put cow back on lot after festival

Hero

Some Simmers reported that Cows and Llamas were getting stuck in their inventory after the Finchwick fair had ended. We clarified how to return your animals to their sheds in the fair-end notification.

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (5,799 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wombatilim I've only tried with a chicken so far and all my entries went to the household inventory so I don't think it should have gone to the inventory.

To be sure on your title: When you use the assign, you CAN put it back but there's no option to drag it from the inventory because it's probably in the wrong one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (12,714 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Sorry for the title confusion, I figured out how to put it back between the time I started filling out the report and the time I finished it. The issue here is just that it’s going into the wrong inventory.
Message 3 of 17 (12,646 Views)

Hero
@wombatilim I've adjusted the title a bit, Hope that captures it :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (12,641 Views)

Re: [CoL] Cow goes into inventory instead of household inventory after fair

★★ Apprentice

this is happening to me too, except the cow got sent to the household inventory and when I try to put her back on my lot it says "must be placed on specific objects" and won't let me place her. help Frown

Message 5 of 17 (12,313 Views)

★ Expert
@sapphirelions I had this issue as well (but it was after moving), I tried calling the cow out of the shed (there is an interaction on the shed tags) and the cow came out. I don't know if that works for you, but try and see if it does?
Message 6 of 17 (12,300 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this same problem also. So how did you get your cow back in your lot?

Message 7 of 17 (12,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The cow will be in the household inventory. Make sure there is an animal shed on the lot, click on the shed and there should be an option for "Assign animal" or something similar. Then assign the animal you want to be in that shed and it should give you the option to put the cow in. This is the same for Llamas as well. 

Message 8 of 17 (12,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having this same problem.  The cow is in my sims inventory.  I have no option to assign the cow to the shed.  Nothing seems to be working to get the cow out of the sims inventory.  I even closed my game and nothing changed.  It is like my cow is stuck in the inventory.

Message 9 of 17 (11,896 Views)

★ Novice

I figured it out!!! The sim who has the cow in their personal inventory have them click on the animal shed and assign the animal shed to the cow in your inventory and they pop in there sleeping automatically!! Yayyyy!! I thought I lost Betsy forever!

Message 10 of 17 (11,373 Views)