Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Choosing black frame for photographs shows yellow frame instead

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, g. together, dust kit, dine out etc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm playing the Big Brother challenge where their photos are framed and are displayed in front of the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? I want to change the color of one of the frames to black because the housemate has been evicted lol. When I chose black frame, it showed yellow frame instead. When I tried again, it showed red.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when I update the frame to black color, it shows black and not other color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I want to change the color of one of the frames on their photos to black. When I chose black frame, it showed yellow instead (or other colors like red).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,458 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Choosing black frame for photographs shows yellow frame instead

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Fixed in Patch 1.89.214/1.60

• You know how when you’d make a picture frame black, then change it to another color, and then change your mind and decide that black really was the right option and you’d try to change it back but it wouldn’t go back to black? Well that doesn’t happen anymore! Your indecision is secure!

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (772 Views)

All Replies

Re: Choosing black frame for photographs shows yellow frame instead

Champion

Is it actually changing it to a random color each time you pick black, or just staying as whatever it was before you tried to change it to black?

Because I've noticed that while I can pick the black swatch initially when framing a photo and actually get black, I can no longer swap to it once I make the frame any other color. So I have to think before framing, and decide if I want it black or not - or just always start with black, and know that if I change the swatch, I won't be able to swap it back.

Have you tried removing the frame, then re-framing it with the black? I don't remember if I tried that with my photographer...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 7 (1,436 Views)

★★ Guide

@PipMenace Yesterday it was changing to yellow when I picked black, or just staying as it was. Today, I went back to the game and now it's black. I guess simply restarting the game helps. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,419 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Yes I have seen this too, it changes to a random color instead of black. And it's only with the black frames, the other colours work well.

Message 4 of 7 (1,393 Views)

Unable to change photo frame to Black

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to change the frame of a photo to Black from any other color
What happens when the bug occurs? If I add some color frame to a photo, I can change it to black one.
What do you expect to see? When I click Update Frame option and chose Black it should become black.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This old bug appeared once after multiple color frames for photos were implemented in the game. I have fixed it myself having edited the black frame tuning resource S4_5B02819E_00000000_00000000000202EF and added the necessary client state unit to it like it's done for other colors. But I would like this to be fixed by developers.

Message 5 of 7 (1,462 Views)

Re: Unable to change photo frame to Black

★★ Guide
@demon25970 I agree! This issue has been in the game for too long. I'm frustrated that I have to be so careful with picking colors of the frames to not lose black option.
Message 6 of 7 (1,382 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Choosing black frame for photographs shows yellow frame instead

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Fixed in Patch 1.89.214/1.60

• You know how when you’d make a picture frame black, then change it to another color, and then change your mind and decide that black really was the right option and you’d try to change it back but it wouldn’t go back to black? Well that doesn’t happen anymore! Your indecision is secure!

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

solaire.png

Message 7 of 7 (773 Views)