Re: Kids not building adult skills after maxing child skills

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Children once again can earn Adult skills. *sniff* They grow up so fast!

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 73 (5,050 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@jarfr It still happens for me for all adult skills children should learn once maxing the correlated childhood one. The only way to avoid it is immediately attempting to learn the adult skills after maxing the childhood. I thought a save triggered this, but I think simply entering the build/buy mode after a childhood skill is maxed but before you have gained 1 point of adult skill, will prevent your child sim from getting the silly skill until a teen.

If you miss the sweet spot and trigger the bug, you can use the skill cheat to reset the childhood skill to level 9, then quickly get 1 skill point for the adult skills before entering build/buy or saving. The childhood skill cheated will not show as maxed again in the skills bar but the trait and credit for it will remain.
Message 72 of 73 (495 Views)

Hero
@danceswithchaos As said above, please create a new thread if you still have issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 73 (483 Views)