Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Children Not Changing to Go to School

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? just free holiday pack and Grim guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? change child into swimsuit before going to school
What happens when the bug occurs? He/She will not change into everday clothes before going to school. Upon returning from school, child will still be in swimsuit.
What do you expect to see? the child changes into everyday clothes before leaving for school just like adults change into work clothes automatically before leaving for work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Help, please Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (3,204 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Children Not Changing to Go to School

[ Edited ]
Hero

Teen Sims will no longer spin into their Everyday outfit when going to school. If Randy wants to wear his swim trunks to school, well that’s Randy’s business.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Probably not the fix everyone anticipated but ... I'm guessing if you don't like this, please post in the officials as feedback. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (2,837 Views)

All Replies

Re: Children Not Changing to Go to School

Champion
I don't think there's a dress code specified for school, so they can wear whatever you put them in that they are allowed to walk around in outdoors (i.e. anything that's not sleepwear).

Same goes for adults and careers with no specified uniform. I'm believe I've had my low level painter and writer sims just walk to work in just a towel when they leave from the gym.
Message 2 of 12 (3,154 Views)

I had a child go to school in her top and undies - thought that was strange, but so far it's only happened once. They did just age up the night before though.
Message 3 of 12 (3,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marking this as needs input for now as I'm not sure if this is by design.

Mostly to see how many are bothered by this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (3,099 Views)

Hero

added as needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (3,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me consistently since I think seasons was installed. My children won’t change out of their pajamas to go to school. Whereas before they’d change into everyday clothing. Unlike adults, they won’t even change into season appropriate clothes before leaving for school. 

Message 6 of 12 (3,031 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT/A] Children don´t change out of PJ to go to school

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send you kids to school pyjamas on
What happens when the bug occurs? Before they changed clothes to everyday wear when school starts. Now they go to school without changing automatically
What do you expect to see? That they change clothes to everyday wear, not go with pyjamas
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Tried without mods, still occured. This video shows this problem

Message 7 of 12 (2,980 Views)

Re: Children don´t change clothes to school

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's a similar thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Children-Not-Changing-to-Go-to-School/m-p/6996989 .. I might merge

That one is about bathing suits though which behave a bit differently.

Merged the threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (2,967 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Children don´t change out of PJ to go to school

★★ Apprentice

I have noticed the problem since a recent patch.  Potentially the Freelance Career patches.  My children Sims no longer change to go to school

Message 9 of 12 (2,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Teen Sims will no longer spin into their Everyday outfit when going to school. If Randy wants to wear his swim trunks to school, well that’s Randy’s business.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Probably not the fix everyone anticipated but ... I'm guessing if you don't like this, please post in the officials as feedback. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,838 Views)