Re: Children wake up in terror and gasping every single time.

by FaerieFires

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Child sims stuck waking up in "terror"

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cats and Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown. It happens every time a child wakes up in my game, but I'm not sure how to replicate it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time a child sim wakes up, the "terror" animation plays, as though they were startled by the monster under the bed. This happens in all bed types, children's, single, or double and regardless of how they are woken up.
What do you expect to see? The normal "wake up" animation for child sims should play when they aren't actually awoken by the monster under the bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening sometime after the monster under the bed patch was released, but I don't know exactly when.

The children themselves have no status markers saying they were startled by the monster, nor do any amount of defender lights help. It reminds me a lot of the fruitcake animation bug.

I have tried a completely fresh install of the game twice now to try and fix it, even installing the game to a different hard-drive. The only thing I haven't tried yet is installing it on a different system entirely. It happens in all my saves, new and old, across all worlds with no mods installed whatsoever.

This is a remake of the thread posted here at crinrict's request.

EDIT (crin): Merged the old thread into the new one. Original Me too count: 82

Message 30 of 38 (4,119 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Child sims stuck waking up in "terror"

Hero

Children no longer wake up in a panic every time they wake up. Now, only when there are monsters around.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 38 (3,610 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Stuck wake up in terror Animation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi there

As above. I've tried the Defender lamp, but that only seems to work with the monster under the bed, not with what I am assuming are these nightmares. Weirdly they often do the giggling-in-their-sleep animation just before waking with the terrors. The thing is, all kids on my game seem to do it without fail every time. I've had the parents read to them before bed, hugs and interactions before bed, all their other bars full before bed, they wake up scared either naturally or if I wake them prematurely. 

Issue

Children wake up gasping and in terror, no matter the circumstances.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Just waking up, whether naturally with full sleep bar or if I wake them prematurely. There is no negative debuff when they go to sleep, whilst they are sleeping or when they wake. 

Where does the bug occur ?

I tested on the other children I have in game, they all do the same.

Mods/CC

I did use the DURA mod for windows for a bit, but uninstalled to check if it had anything  to do with it, but it made no difference. My game is now completely mod-free.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All except for Sims Go to Work and the Vintage Pack.

Occurring since

I bought the extra content and installed it.

Operating system

Windows 10.

Message 1 of 38 (5,064 Views)

Hero

And this is happening without a monster under the bed ? The lamp is a bit bugged and also the monster straying as such but did you check if there's a monster under the bed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (5,040 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello Crinrict, thanks for taking the time to reply. Nope, the monster hardly ever is seen, definitely not under the bed or anywhere else.

Message 3 of 38 (5,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Would you be willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name and a tag-word of the issue.

I've never seen children wake up without a monster so I'm curious to check your save. Toddlers, yes but not children

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (5,027 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Hi again

As I'm a complete noob, I sent it then immediately realised it had autosaved as a generic name Confused so if you find that, scrap that please. I've sent you a PM with more details. I really appreciate  your assistance!

Message 5 of 38 (5,016 Views)

Re: Children wake up in terror and gasping every single time

Hero

Hi @FaerieFires

I checked your save and I can see what you mean. It doesn't seem to have any bad impact on them. It only happened for me when they're energy bar was full. It's like the wake up in terror animation is stuck on them.

Do you get any negative moodlets ? Do they wake up every single night when their bar is not full ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (4,999 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Crinrict

Thanks for taking a look at it. Nope, it leaves them with no negative moodlets, they rarely go to bed with any, and apart from the few times the monster woke them, I haven't noticed them waking before they are ready, although that's not to say that they haven't, I just may have missed it. No idea how this has happened though, but it definitely started when I updated my original pack with all the extras that I bought in the sales (possibly around Christmas time) and it's strange that it happens with all the kids in game, not just attached to one kid/family/house.

Message 7 of 38 (4,987 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you start a fresh game for testing purposes to see if it happens there too ?

I'm going to add this as it reminds me of the stuck fruit cake animation issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 38 (4,983 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 38 (4,955 Views)