[FIXED] Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vice-versa

by Genlisae

Original Post

Re: Sims Incest?

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks, the cheats seem to have fixed the issue.

I got their sim ids - destroyed their relationships; then added them back as friendship +75 (probably higher friendship then they had before); I had to add them as friends twice - just switching who was the target sim. And it seems to have retained their family relationship of Mother and Daughter but the romantic interest bar is gone now. Standard smile

I am not used to using cheats like that so I hope it will all be fine now.

Message 21 of 69 (20,027 Views)

Re: Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vice-versa

★★★★★ Apprentice

This bug occurs to my household too.

so I saw the situation exactly. When a mother gives a kiss to father's cheek while the family is chatting, a romance point is added to the mother and teenager son.Confusedmileysurprised:

I guess same thing to occur to others, A result of romance Interaction is added to the other members who participate in a chat?

I really hope that EA fix this bug asap for The family's happy circle without bothersome.

(sorry for first post to wrong thread.)

Message 22 of 69 (19,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This glitch happened to me this morning, but with an adult father and his newly aged up teenage daughter. I was working with another sim outside and only noticed once I switched control to the father.

The father was having a group conversation with his children at the dinner table. The mother was not in the room and was asleep, so I don't think it was a romantic interaction between the parents that was picked up by the group. There isn't any romantic social options between the father and daughter, but they are now listed as romantic interests.

I have the base game only. No mods or CC.

This is a super creepy bug.

I'll link pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/eYwZnML.png

http://i.imgur.com/uSJfQPo.png

Message 23 of 69 (19,876 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to me as well. The other day I was playing with mods in, and my teenage daughter had a romantic interest in her father, no idea when this started as I don't check their relationship panel a lot. Confusedmileysurprised:

I quit the game, took out the mods, deleted the cache files etc.

I started playing today and their older daughter aged up to young adult, and was talking to her father, her mother came up and did something romantic to the father, and now my other child has a romantic interest in her mother. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

I wanted to see if I could make the mother flirt with the daughter, because the father can't because his love interest is still a teenager, Confusedmileywink: The mother can't do any romantic actions with the daughter, and vice-versa.

Playing with no mods, on windows 8, currently have Get To Work and Digital Deluxe.

Very weird and creepy. Confusedmileymad:Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 24 of 69 (19,849 Views)

★ Pro

I hope this is fixed soon.

I don't think I have any inappropriate romantic relationships - but, I don't look at the relationship panel very often - well.... never. However, it is very disturbing to have adults being flirty with children/teens. Or vice versa.

Message 25 of 69 (19,844 Views)

Hero

• We fixed an invalid romantic relationship issue
    1. The Kiss Quick action is what is referred to as a "quick" social that occurs autonomously between Sims in a relationship, and between family members. The social was mistakenly tagged with a romantic relationship bump, which resulted in the incorrect behavior. The romance bump has been removed.

I'm pretty positive that this is what they mean BUT I doubt affected Sims are fixed by the patch.

Please use the cheat to get rid of any romantic bars you might have. Details here: http://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

Hopefully it does not occur again.

Marking this as solved for now but feedback is appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 69 (19,792 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I noticed this issue as well with a Mother Sim and her Daughter Sim. I didn't notice it until I had the mother read a book to the daughter. I noticed they had a bit of romance in their relatonship...

Here are my specs...

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

No Mods, no CC, no cheats

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/DremJob/Screen%20Shot%202015-05-09%20at%208.05.14%20PM.png

Message 27 of 69 (19,736 Views)

Hero

Is it possible that they had this before the may patch ? The relationship does not go away with the patch but it should not happen again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 69 (19,713 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Never had this before the May patch. This is my 3rd Generation of Sims in the same family.

Message 29 of 69 (19,702 Views)

Hero

Hm, and you think it's the reading interaction that caused it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 69 (19,692 Views)