[FIXED] Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vice-versa

by Genlisae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vice-versa

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

- I have NO MODS, save for a few purely decorative statues converted from sims 2.

-This is a fresh install as of this afternoon (is now 8:24pm)

-I have screen caps clearly illustrating the issue.

- I can provide save games both before and after the issue was noticed.

-I have not edited any sims with CAS.fulleditmode in this game, all family relationships are intact and as they should be.

This game was progressing normally. I followed the mother around on her morning digging and came back to find the father and child (newly aged to child, a little over 1 sim day in) chatting over breakfast and both showing they are romantically interested in each other.

Screencaps can be found here and here.

I have searched and have found this issue occurred randomly for others. In most (if not all of those cases) the child involved was a teen or older. IN this case (and I feel this needs repeating) the child sim is child aged.

Message 1 of 69 (16,522 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vice-versa

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is supposed to be fixed but if you still have the issue, make sure it's not a legacy issues. Affected Sims won't be fixed.

Use this cheats to remove the relationship: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

Do feel free to post if you have this on new games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 58 of 69 (12,976 Views)

All Replies

Why is a child getting a romance meter?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just letting you guys know that as of the latest patch, out of freaking nowhere, the genetic child of a young adult just got a romance meter with said adult. 

I use some mods - moretraits, EnableDebugCheats, RelationshipDecay, and AlwaysTesting - but this never happened before. There shouldn't be romance options for kids, and I'm glad there isn't one. Whoever would *want* one is a sad person, indeed.

Romance is disabled for kids, so why is this showing up? This is creeping me out like crazy. Even if you use mods, that shouldn't happen.

Message 2 of 69 (16,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added (and Me too'd)

@oldbutte Merged. Please make sure your mods are still compatible. Many are broken (that's what happens with mods and patches)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 69 (16,299 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I would like to update that this has happened again. Again this is a fresh install. Since my last post I have manually uninstalled everything prior to re-installing. I have no custom content of any kind this time. I have installed the GTW expansion. I am on PC, Windows 7.

Is there anything I can do/provide to help track this down? This bug is seriously disturbing.

Message 4 of 69 (16,245 Views)

Hero

Provide as much info as you can on how to reproduce the issue. What interactions did you do that could have triggered it ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 69 (16,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

i've just had this happen and i do not have GTW yet

oh what a tangled web i just had a sim get married his wife has a brother who has a girlfriend i  sent the married couple to the park just a regular go to the park no ask on date  and then wile they are the park i used the bring <insert name of sims >  here i had  the brother and his girlfriend  go to the park too i am taken a guess  here as to what triggered it  the married couple where flirty with each other  the other two where  near the married sims and now the brother and sister have  lovebirds  in the relationships it is just the brother and sister that are affected

edit to add the only recent thing i have done is patch up the game the day after the patch was released the recent one 3/26  everything was fine with my game until now and that was having a sim get romantically involved  with another sim and that all the sims live in the same house

Message 6 of 69 (16,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately I can't ever seem to pinpoint exactly when it happens, The common traits I have noticed are:  1. the sims either were or had within the last game hour sat down for a meal as a family and were in a group conversation. 2. The parents are frequently flirty and flirting with each other but I can not say if they were during this group conversation.

It is odd though, as the issue is only happening with one child in this household, though both were there.

Edit: I should probably also mention there are no actual romantic options available just a fluctuating pink relationship bar.

Message 7 of 69 (16,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

i'm getting the brother and sister to  have little fights in the hope that that romantic relationship bar will just go away  it's just to gross ugh and ewww if the romantic relationship bar will  go away  then i'll work on them been friends again   or just delete that save game and go to the save before i had this happen

edit to add mine do have an option to ask on date but i wonder if the difference is the ages on your sims to mine for that option mine are YA

Message 8 of 69 (16,203 Views)

Hero

You can just use cheats Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 69 (16,198 Views)

Hero (Retired)

those sims  attempted the cheating not me  Confusedmileytongue:   Confusedmileywink: 

Message 10 of 69 (16,193 Views)