Re: Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vice-versa

by Anita_Montresor

Original Post

★★★ Novice

It was suggested that I come here to share my incident with the "incest" bug. This incident happened in the first week of September.

-The brother and sister were both teenagers and have 90-100% friendship, full green bar.

-First the sister got into a relationship with a (non-relative) boy, they became boyfriend and girlfriend. (both teens)

- I left that family to go play another family for a little bit, when I came back, the brother and sister were in a chat just with each other, and I noticed the heart ++ between them. So I checked and sure enough they had a romance bar and their relationship said romantic interest...with brother/sister still labeled in their relationship panel.

- I took my mods folder out and reloaded the game from restart. Nothing changed.

- I decided to go into console and did the cas.fulleditmode cheat and in CAS, checked the relationship there. It did say they were siblings. But I reselected it to see if it would do anything, and when I went back into live mode, there was no longer any option to flirt between the brother and sister. However the relationship bar still indicated romance, I just had to be patient and let it decay. That was the only thing that helped for me to get them to quit having the romance option and random flirting.

Just to add about the mods, I do have some CC that is hair and a few clothes items.

And I have 5 script mods (I think that's what they are) that I regularly check for updates with every patch: Faster eating an less musical chairs, no children at night clubs, no autonomous hand washing, and darker progress circle.

Message 51 of 69 (1,754 Views)

Hero

The problem with your report ARE the mods. I can see taking it out not reversing the bug since if the mod opened a gateway for the problem, they'll have the relationship no matter if you take it out or not. So it's kinda hard to tell who's the culprit here.

The mods you listed don't seem to be connected but I would need a report where this happens on vanilla.

Could you upload your saves nonetheless as @EA_Kristi requested on the last page.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 69 (1,739 Views)

Hero

I like to get some feedback on this

Existing improper relationships will probably still be in the game. Remove those with the cheat. Not interested in those.

Has anyone seen this newly occur ?

@Genlisae @Baetiri @dcgirl98 @Sabreene

Also tagging @EA_Kristi for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 69 (1,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've had an experience with the incest bug, too, but in my case it first happened while I was playing the family in question.

My sim was having a house party at his residence, where he lives with his three sisters (all of them are young adults).  During the party, he was in a group conversation with two of the sisters and another unrelated woman he has flirted with in the past.  While still in the group conversation, he made a "flirtatious joke" directed at the unrelated woman, but as a result all three of the women, including his two sisters, gained romantic relationship with him.

I have heard of this bug before, but this is the first time I've experienced it personally in my game.  That family is the only family I play in that particular save file, so it could not have happened autonomously while I was playing another household, not to mention that when I first started playing the day I first noticed it, the brother had a normal familial relationship (good friends) with both sisters and no romance bar with them whatsoever (I tend to monitor my sims' relationships very closely, and I would have noticed it).

I do not use any mods or custom content in my game.  I have both expansions and a few of the packs, but I don't have "Dine Out" yet.  This definitely happened since the most recent patch.

Message 54 of 69 (1,663 Views)

Hero

Could you please upload your save somewhere and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 55 of 69 (1,654 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do you have a suggestion as to where the best place to do that would be?

Message 56 of 69 (1,640 Views)

Hero

Mediafire, Google Drive or dropbox

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 69 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue is supposed to be fixed but if you still have the issue, make sure it's not a legacy issues. Affected Sims won't be fixed.

Use this cheats to remove the relationship: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

Do feel free to post if you have this on new games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 69 (13,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict: Don't know if you still need it, but I just sent you a PM with the link you requested.

Message 59 of 69 (1,605 Views)

Hero

Thanks. I'll check it on the weekend.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 69 (1,602 Views)